Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurt Peter Thread

+3
Larissa
Danielle
monnie44
7 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Hurt Peter Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Hurt Peter Thread

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 pm

monnie44 wrote:
Nah it seems like it's just MY account which wont log in. I made another to test, and that goes through fine. I sent that bitch a message asking what was going on and he/she never replied, which is hopelessly rude.
He can be so damn up himself. HERE IS A BETTER PLACE, ANYWAY <3

Sad Yeah, that really was THE draw of the entire series. Walter/Peter's relationship was so beautifully executed and they just went totally awry after the kidnapping revelation in late season two by stupidly going down the path of how it all effected OLIVIAAA. Who isn't even part of that relationship in the first place. So explain to me again, Fringe, how she managed to turn that entire storyline into all. about. her? At the expense of my two favourite characters, their personal coping AND the state of their relationship?
They could have had something intriguing and clever and original with that. No other TV show has a relationship like it. Yet they've gone down the road every other TV show has gone down and it's yet another wasted opportunity for Fringe.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 pm

[quote="monnie44"]
Is it like a full IP ban? I know Roco, who runs it, is a huge Olivia fan and he's not so fond of Peter.

I checked on your profile and it does not say banned. But it seems somehow IPs get blocked... I can only access the forum from my fiance's home or by using an IP masking service...

Me thinks one of the Admins there may be shady and playing favorites.

Truth be told, the quality of the forum has made me want to stop visiting altogether. There are a few folks that are a joy to interact with, but the rest make me want to reach across the internet and choke a few people out of the gene pool...
collectivesoul
collectivesoul

http://fringeofohio.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

I checked on your profile and it does not say banned. But it seems somehow IPs get blocked... I can only access the forum from my fiance's home or by using an IP masking service...

Wtfffffff. And yet it appears that most of the other posters are having no issue. Funny that. I do remember a while ago one of the long-time posters there mysteriously disappeared. I think it was a big Peter fan, too. So I am willing to bet they do this more often than we think, which is fucking ridiculous.

Truth be told, the quality of the forum has made me want to stop visiting altogether. There are a few folks that are a joy to interact with, but the rest make me want to reach across the internet and choke a few people out of the gene pool...

You have a good point. Unfortunately, there is also some interesting discusssion sometimes that goes down as well which makes it worthwhile. Ugh.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 am

Yeah, that really was THE draw of the entire series. Walter/Peter's relationship was so beautifully executed and they just went totally awry after the kidnapping revelation in late season two by stupidly going down the path of how it all effected OLIVIAAA. Who isn't even part of that relationship in the first place. So explain to me again, Fringe, how she managed to turn that entire storyline into all. about. her? At the expense of my two favourite characters, their personal coping AND the state of their relationship?
I held their relationship above the science in what I looked for and loved about this show. They had something unique going on and both Josh and John are amazing with portraying the complicated relationship. I actually feel robbed this series. It sucks.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 pm

The thing is, even if it does come up next season, it won't make sense, like how bringing Big Eddie in next season won't make sense. They've left it too long.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Danielle wrote:The thing is, even if it does come up next season, it won't make sense, like how bringing Big Eddie in next season won't make sense. They've left it too long.

D:

Can you imagine how this season might have run if they had never introduced the evil twin plot in the season two finale?

I mean, what would be wrong with a cliffhanger that had, instead, Peter choosing to stay on the other side? And this season had dealt with Olivia and Walter trying to get him back because he doesn't know what the machine is for?

They could have done so many things with the repercussions of Peter's kidnapping plot, so why did they need to introduce anything else? All they managed to do was to cut his storyline short and piss us the fuck off in the proccess!
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:57 pm

And people wonder why some of us are so disappointed in this season. Everyone else is in love with Olivia and they say the writing has been "at it's best". Well it's been at it's best for Olivia....she's the only thing they've written about. They screwed everything else up.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Monnie, it's yet another wasted opportunity. I mean this season had the potential to be fucking epic, but the writers' obsession with Olivia has reduced a great show to a love triangle.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:02 pm

I want season 4 now, dammit! ;_____;
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:07 pm

I want the rest of s3 to be good! XD
We know s4 will be the last season if gets one. And I just know they'll end it with Peter and Olivia being together, just to wind me up. Me personally. Because I'm so important. No, really, though, you know what I mean xD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 pm

I have limited hope for s3 now xD Josh's interview last week gave me hop for s4 though :')
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 pm

I don't believe what he says though. Every season has meant to have focused more on Peter, and it's laughable how wrong they were.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Larissa wrote:And people wonder why some of us are so disappointed in this season. Everyone else is in love with Olivia and they say the writing has been "at it's best". Well it's been at it's best for Olivia....she's the only thing they've written about. They screwed everything else up.

The writing has been a bag of garbage this season. Absolute shit. Like I raged on Fringebloggers, these are the same sonsofbitches who fucked up Lost. I don't want to invest in another show where they offer questions without answers. That's bullshit.

GIVE US BIG EDDIE GODDAMMIT.

I'll solve the time-lapse thing for you. I've told Monnie this before. I'm laying it out, you lazy fucks:

Peter is doing something (anything) alone, and gets nabbed. He wakes up and finds out he's in Big Eddie's area. Big Eddie rattles off something along the lines of "We've been watching you for a long time, Bishop. Didn't look like you were going anywhere, now that you've got the fancy FBI job, etc." Torture and pain. More torture. Olivia and Walter are flipping the fuck out because Walternate's sent more Shifties over here to find Peter and bring him back. It's a race against time to find Peter! Who will get there first?! The fate of our universe hangs in the balance! Dun dun dun!

And so on. Problem solved. FUCKING FILM IT.
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 am

smatchiemo wrote:

The writing has been a bag of garbage this season. Absolute shit. Like I raged on Fringebloggers, these are the same sonsofbitches who fucked up Lost. I don't want to invest in another show where they offer questions without answers. That's bullshit.

GIVE US BIG EDDIE GODDAMMIT.

I'll solve the time-lapse thing for you. I've told Monnie this before. I'm laying it out, you lazy fucks:

Peter is doing something (anything) alone, and gets nabbed. He wakes up and finds out he's in Big Eddie's area. Big Eddie rattles off something along the lines of "We've been watching you for a long time, Bishop. Didn't look like you were going anywhere, now that you've got the fancy FBI job, etc." Torture and pain. More torture. Olivia and Walter are flipping the fuck out because Walternate's sent more Shifties over here to find Peter and bring him back. It's a race against time to find Peter! Who will get there first?! The fate of our universe hangs in the balance! Dun dun dun!

OH JIZZ. I need that in my life.

The only way I'd been managing to bring Big Eddie in was if he'd been watching Peter since he got back, then when Walter took over MD he saw an opportunity he couldn't resist. He could kidnap and torture Peter, but at the same time hold him for ransom so he gets money out of it.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 am

I'm laying it out, you lazy fucks:

LMAO. Well deserved.

And I still agree! It CANNOT be harder to write in an episode dealing with a fuckload of payoff and continuity like the one you have JUST OUTLINED than it is coming up with another random case where there's a bunch of medical and scientific technobabble that needs to be researched on top of everything else. I mean, really Fringe.

Ugh, and I know this is a ~spoiler~ but since we all seem to be freaking spoiled anyway ... it's funny they're going and bringing back Olivia's stepfather plot, huh? They have no problem, it seems, going back to season one and bringing up her unresolved plotlines, not at ALL. It's less of a "the writers are idiots" thing and more of a "I don't think they give a fuck about the character Peter" thing. It hurts, too, because he is my favourite and I care about him more than any of the other characters on this show. I just wish the writers who created him and brought him to life (with big thanks to Joshua, of course) would love him and care for him too. He's a wonderfully complex man who could be so deeply explored and yet they only even seem to want to skim the surface with him.

Also, I AM SO TIRED OF ANNA TORV right now. Like, PLEASE? I have sat through and taken it up the ass for her for the first 8 episodes of the season revolving around her and only her, at the expense of my babies (Peter and Walter + Astrid), and then .................. they just continue the focus when she gets back, but add in some Torv with red hair. Woo.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 am

About the only positive point I can bring out for us is that Olivia's stepfather won't be a big thing. People started asking questions soon after it was mentioned and it turns out he makes an appearance in the flashback episode, that's all.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:17 am

Even so, it's still yet another Olivia storyline that's getting addressed. Even Peter's kidnap storyline has barely been addressed this season and that's shaped the entire season.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:49 am

None of this would be happening without Peter, the show's mythology wouldn't exist! He's just becoming the person they use to blame everything that happens to Olivia on.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:49 am

Walternate is the biggest victim in this entire saga.

...They've stopped considering Peter a character now, evidently. I get Walternate had his son kidnapped, but what about the actual little boy stolen from his world?
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Walternate had his son stolen from him....Peter had his entire life stolen from him and removed from his memories. Yeah. No one's as big a victim as Peter is.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:24 pm

But Peter can smile. And he doesn't go insane or cry or moan. What do you mean he's had his life stolen from him? He loves it, look at him! -_-
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

You know when people finally forgive him and realise how fucking awesome he is? I don't know if I'll be happy or pissed. Happy because I don't have to deal with them bitching and whining every day, or pissed because we stuck with him through everything and they just like him when he's popular or 'in'.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I'll feel a bit of both. But if the people who slag him off badly suddenly love him because he's with Olivia or popular or whatever, I'm not going to be able to stop myself calling them up on their fickleness.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:20 am

You know when people finally forgive him and realise how fucking awesome he is? I don't know if I'll be happy or pissed. Happy because I don't have to deal with them bitching and whining every day, or pissed because we stuck with him through everything and they just like him when he's popular or 'in'.

I'm waiting for it to happen, and I'm going to be horrendously irritated. In all honestly, at least at the moment you can tell which ones care about Peter as a character instead of a plot piece to serve Olivia's character well. Because as we can see most really don't give a fuck about him - quotes like the Walternate = biggest victim, and OMG OLIVIA HAS THE CRAPPIEST LIFE THAT EVER LIVED *proceeds not to mention Peter once* prove this quite efficiently.

I'll feel a bit of both. But if the people who slag him off badly suddenly love him because he's with Olivia or popular or whatever, I'm not going to be able to stop myself calling them up on their fickleness.

Do it. It will be well deserved. I don't like him just because he's flavour of the week, or he's making life better for the other characters ... I like Peter because Peter is the best character on the show and I have yet to see him do anything beyond repproach in regards to hurting the other characters. So he fucks up and makes a mistake (which, to be honest, isn't even THAT. Because he was MANIPULATED and lied to by someone else who orchestrated the entire thing and HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT) -- and yet the fans think he deserves the freaking death penalty. For gods sake. And yet, Olivia can lie to Peter about his origins and, in turn, fail to realise that her LONG STANDING personal friend Charlie was a shapeshifter (who, btw, wasn't anywhere close to a genetic match with stacks of info on him) and this is totally justifiable?

Double standard bullshit.

This fandom is wrecking my enjoyment of the show more than the show is, really. Because Olivia's screwing around with Peter might be irritating, but what kills it is to come on here and find the majority of the fandom touting her as a sacrificial beauty who shits gold bars and has the worst life of ANYONE, EVER, and deserves to have the whole show stop and turn to nurse her back to health ... makes it a million times worse.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:56 am

I'm so sick of every time this baby is mentioned, fans commenting saying "Oh poor Olivia!", "Oh this is going to hurt her so much!" and "I can't believe they're doing this to her!" WHAT THE FUCK DOES SHE HAVE TO DO WITH THE BABY? NOTHING. Peter was used. Peter was betrayed. He's confused, he's lost, not he's not ready for the added responsibility of a child on top of his father and 7 BILLION OTHER PEOPLE.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next