After The War

Go down

After The War

Post  Danielle on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:26 pm

So I had a driving lesson and all through it this was all I could think of during it. And I only stalled about 3 times. Which is good, for me xD

After The War

Lift your head and look out the window
Stay that way for the rest of the day and watch the time go
Listen! The birds sing! Listen! The bells ring!
All the living are dead, and the dead are all living
The war is over and we are beginning...

- Stars, In Our Bedroom After The War.

He had survived the war. It was over.

This side had won. His real father and his real mother were gone. His son was gone. 7 billion other people were gone.

It was his fault.

And no one here grieved them. No one here noticed their loss. A few people knew they were gone, those who had known they were there in the first place, but no one felt it like he did. Because they hadn’t committed genocide. They hadn’t killed their parents, their child.

It felt far too easy. Here he was, driving to work. Free. How could he be punished for his crime when he had killed to save their universe? They’d told him at the hospital he was lucky to be alive, that the machine should have killed him. He didn’t feel lucky.

He sickened himself. He’d have to live with what he’d done for the rest of his life and he loathed it. He couldn’t grieve for his son and for his mother because he didn’t deserve to feel. He was a monster, and worse, he was considered a hero. Nothing he had done had been heroic. Heroes didn’t destroy worlds.

But he smiled. He put on his mask and put on a show. Because he was Peter Bishop. He didn’t care. He did what needed to be done and no one ever asked how he felt, how he was handling it, because he was fine. He was always fine. He’d held Olivia while she cried for the innocent lives lost. He’d been there for Walter as the guilt stole his sleep. He’d kept his mouth shut. But he’d never felt so broken. So lost. So guilty. So inhuman. Of course they didn’t know. He was an actor. He had them convinced. They didn’t want to see.

He pulled the car over and parked it; his hands were shaking too much to drive. He took a deep, shaky breath and tried to push his son out of his mind. His face. When Olivia found out he’d got her alternate self pregnant, she was devastated. Peter was just devastated because he knew he’d never know him. And now he’d killed him.

He couldn’t. He couldn’t allow himself to think of him.

He gripped the steering wheel tightly, trying to hold himself together. He hadn’t cried. He wasn’t going to now, in his car at the side of the road. What he needed to do was start driving, go to work, get on with his life. Forget.

But he couldn’t move. He wished Walter was there with him. All he wanted was for someone to hold him. Tell him it would be okay. Just let him talk. The tears were coming and he closed his eyes; he couldn’t let them fall. He was fine. He was fine.

But he was sick of being fine. He was sick of being numb, of being dead. Because it hurt. It hurt so much. A tiny whimper escaped from his mouth, and he pressed his lips together, but it didn’t do any good. He was breaking down, and the tears wouldn’t stop, and after a while he gave up trying to make them stop. He wanted to go home. But he didn’t know where that was. He needed someone, anyone, to come and just fix him. He was so, so, tired of this pain. He was thirty five now, he had another thirty, forty years left. He couldn’t do this every day. He couldn’t live like this. He already dreaded waking up every morning.

He was startled by someone knocking on his car window. He looked up. A cop. “You can’t park here,” he said slowly, taken aback by the broken man.

Peter nodded, trying to pull himself together. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, not looking at the man. He shook his head. “I’m so sorry.” He wasn’t speaking to the cop anymore.

The man blinked. “It’s alright. Just… just move your car.”

He didn’t stay to see if Peter did as he was told. He got out of there as fast as he could. Because that’s what people did. He wasn’t allowed to feel.

He knew what he had to do.

He started the car back up, and dialled a number.

“Son?” Walter had picked up. “Is everything okay?”

“Everything’s fine, Walter. Are you okay?” He picked up the speed in his car. It wouldn’t take him too long to get there.

“I’m high,” Walter told him, giggling a little.

“Tell me what you’re doing,” Peter smiled softly. He could practically see Walter’s shocked expression.

“That’s not like you,” he heard Walter mutter. “But it’s wonderful. Everything’s wonderful, isn’t it Peter? We’re safe and you’re alive and it’s just… wonderful.”

“How high are you?” Peter laughed. The noise sounded false.

“Very high,” Walter giggled again.

Peter could see it, the broken bridge where Walternate had crossed over. Where Peter had worked out where he was from. He sped up. “Walter?”

“Yes, Peter?”

“I need to thank you,” Peter tried to keep his voice steady. “For being my father.”

“Son…”

“I’m not done. When I was a kid, I hated you. You weren’t there, you left us. You left me. But since you came out of St Claire’s, you’ve tried your hardest to make up for that. And I wanted to apologize to you.” He was on the bridge now, and he stopped the car. “For not seeing that at the time. For blaming you. For resenting you. For never telling you that I love you, and for never thanking you because you’ve saved my life so many times now I’ve lost count. And I never told you that I forgive you. For my childhood, for taking me, for lying to me. I forgive you for everything. And I love you. And I just need you to know that.” He brushed away the tears falling down his face. There was a long silence. “Are you still there?”

“I’m still here,” Walter said. He sounded like he was crying, too. “I don’t blame you for how you felt,” he said. He almost sounded lucid. “I deserve it. But I need you to know you were never a replacement. And I love you, because you are my son.”

Peter took a deep breath. “I’ve got to go Walter,” he said quietly. “Look, we’ll go out tonight, for dinner or something,” Peter hated the taste of the lie on his tongue. But this meant they wouldn’t look for him. They wouldn’t find him until it was too late.

“Okay, don’t be late,” Walter had cheered up quickly. Any mention of food and he was okay.

“I wouldn’t want to miss it,” he smiled, and, as he hung up, he accelerated off of the bridge.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: After The War

Post  monnie44 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:44 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

WHYYYYYYY?

OMG I LOVE YOU AND I HATE YOU FOR DOING THIS.

I THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT THERE THAT OLIVIA HAD FOLLOWED HIM AND WOULD SAVE HIM OR SOMETHING AND JUST HUG HIM.

THIS CAN'T HAPPEN OMG NO NO NO. Sad

I loved it, btw. But it was so upsetting to read! See, would this actually be worse than if Peter did die in order to power the machine? You are right, how WOULD he live with that guilt?
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:25 pm

I DIDN'T WANT OLIVIA IN IT. I WANTED PETER/WALTER BECAUSE WE SEE SO LITTLE OF IT XD
I'M SORRY D:
I JUST LIKE KILLING PETER . XD

Yeah, I mean 7 billion people on your conscience is a bit much...
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:48 pm

SO PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL AND HEART-WRENCHING.

I LOVE HOW YOU MESS WITH ME, DANI D':
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:51 pm

I DIDN'T WANT OLIVIA IN IT. I WANTED PETER/WALTER BECAUSE WE SEE SO LITTLE OF IT XD

FAIR ENOUGH, LOVELY.

I'M SORRY D:

YOU SHOULD BE.

BUT IT'S OKAY I UNDERSTAND THE ATTRACTION TO KILLING PETER OFF. WHY IS IT THE ONES WHO LOVE HIM THE MOST ARE ALSO THE MEANEST TO HIM? Wink WHY DO WE ENJOY SEEING HIM SUFFER?
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:11 pm

monnie44 wrote:
BUT IT'S OKAY I UNDERSTAND THE ATTRACTION TO KILLING PETER OFF. WHY IS IT THE ONES WHO LOVE HIM THE MOST ARE ALSO THE MEANEST TO HIM? Wink WHY DO WE ENJOY SEEING HIM SUFFER?

BECAUSE IT'S SO HOT AND BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT THE SHOW DOESN'T GIVE US. XD
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Larissa wrote:

SO PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL AND HEART-WRENCHING.

I LOVE HOW YOU MESS WITH ME, DANI D':
I LOVE MESSING WITH YOU. AND I LOVE THE GIF.

ALSO BECAUSE WE'RE PERVERTS AND PETER IN PAIN IS SEXIER THAN SEX.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 pm

BECAUSE IT'S SO HOT AND BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT THE SHOW DOESN'T GIVE US. XD

LOL DON'T SPEAK TOO SOON. OMG COME ON FIREFLY YOU PROVE US WRONG!
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 pm

I read this on fanfiction.net. Really good and into Peter's pain. (I'm real tired of the Altlivia crosses over and dumps a baby on Peter/Olivia stories.) More Peter, the better.

I mentioned on Fringe-Forum that if a alt-baby came his way, I'd be surprised if he didn't do this very thing like in the story.

Peter has too be one of the tortured and abused guys ever. Yeah, Olivia gets her fair share, but the upped Peter-whump has me more on edge Wink

I know that if I suffered only a fraction of what he has, I would have been off that bridge long ago. Peter is one tough cookie. I'm wondering if the writers are going to have fun showing just how much pain and emotional torture it will take to break him?
collectivesoul

http://fringeofohio.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:51 pm

I know that if I suffered only a fraction of what he has, I would have been off that bridge long ago. Peter is one tough cookie. I'm wondering if the writers are going to have fun showing just how much pain and emotional torture it will take to break him?

I feel like they do want to push him to suicide! D: It would be a good cliffhanger, too - what do they do now that their universe-saving weapon offed himself after being shat on for a season and a half??

/only half sarcastic
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rocibel on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 am

Ok. I think I'm the only one here who can't bear the pain to see Peter suffering. Sad
If someone in Fox read this and realize this, I won't forgive you. Until then, I will love you I love you You're really brilliant.

rocibel

http://rocibel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:53 am

rocibel wrote:Ok. I think I'm the only one here who can't bear the pain to see Peter suffering. Sad
If someone in Fox read this and realize this, I won't forgive you. Until then, I will love you I love you You're really brilliant.
Aww :') Thank you Smile

I really hope they have Peter attempt suicide again but I just don't think they will. I don't even think they realize the crap they've been putting him through -_-
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:44 am

We just love whump, Ro :') We're sick bitches xD
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rocibel on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Larissa wrote:We're sick bitches xD
I know. And I love you, anyway. So, probably, I'm as sick as you are XD

rocibel

http://rocibel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:43 am

We'll turn you eventually so that you start to think like us xD
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:57 pm

They've got me reading and liking slash...

Hold me, I'm scared... Wink
collectivesoul

http://fringeofohio.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:26 pm

collectivesoul wrote:They've got me reading and liking slash...

Hold me, I'm scared... Wink
Can't Peter, Neal and Lincoln hold you? Whilst they're naked? And by "you" I mean "each other".
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum