The Firefly

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 am

Danielle wrote:]I want to see how his kidnapping affected him as a child and later how it affected him into adolescence and adulthood. To be honest, I'm just really curious about him at high school, I don't know why.
YES. As a kid who's too smart for his own good, quick with his mouth, has a healthy disregard for authority and just generally feels like he doesn't belong there, I assume he'd have kept to himself a lot, not had too many friends, pissed all of his teachers off and yet aced all of his classes without trying or caring. He's missing the vital years of his childhood, the parts of his life where his personality develops and makes him who he is. They're just gone. What I always hoped/thought was that Peter used to be selfless. I can imagine him skipping school a lot to stay home and help his depressed mother, I could see him trying to juggle a few jobs (maybe pick some pockets) just so they could keep money going into the house while Elizabeth wasn't working. I think that's how the mob would find him and how they would have first become interested in him. If he was trying to complete school to keep her happy but spending every other moment working to keep them in their house, it would explain his disgust and hate of Walter, and it would be more heart breaking to think that the second he left, maybe just took a small break, him mother killed herself. He'd drown in guilt.

I'd love to see what happened to Walter - I have a theory. The guilt of taking Peter coupled with the fact he's still grieving for his lost son eventually got the better of him. He got increasingly paranoid about what he did, which is why he experimented on Peter. I think the fire in which Carla died had something to do with an experiment based on Peter. That just tipped him over the edge.
Exactly. Walter was buried in grief and spent so long trying to justify what he did to himself that he lost his own mind :/
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 am

Larissa wrote: YES. As a kid who's too smart for his own good, quick with his mouth, has a healthy disregard for authority and just generally feels like he doesn't belong there, I assume he'd have kept to himself a lot, not had too many friends, pissed all of his teachers off and yet aced all of his classes without trying or caring. He's missing the vital years of his childhood, the parts of his life where his personality develops and makes him who he is. They're just gone. What I always hoped/thought was that Peter used to be selfless. I can imagine him skipping school a lot to stay home and help his depressed mother, I could see him trying to juggle a few jobs (maybe pick some pockets) just so they could keep money going into the house while Elizabeth wasn't working. I think that's how the mob would find him and how they would have first become interested in him. If he was trying to complete school to keep her happy but spending every other moment working to keep them in their house, it would explain his disgust and hate of Walter, and it would be more heart breaking to think that the second he left, maybe just took a small break, him mother killed herself. He'd drown in guilt.
I love that. I think his mother's death changed him more than they've made obvious. Like he gave up his entire childhood for her, borrowed a lot of money from a lot of bad people during a particularly hard time, tried to work to pay it back but the mob saw potential or something and forced him into work.
I can either see him in school as one of those really annoying, really popular, really loud but really smart kids who gets on everyone's nerves but at the same time everyone loves him, or a complete loner who people know not to bully cause that kid tried it that one time in fourth grade and Peter put him in hospital for a week, so they just leave him alone. Girls kinda like the mystery of him but they couldn't go long being disregarded before they moved on to someone who'd fuck them quickly. There was one kid who stuck by him but up until the story reached the news about the fire in the lab and then he left him too. Peter kinda sinks into this depression where he's just getting on with the trivialities of school, waiting for it to be over cause he's got a store to rob in a few hours so he can go home and make his mother who he knows is having a bad day today because she wasn't out of bed by the time he left school something to eat because he knows she won't eat if he doesn't force her to.

Exactly. Walter was buried in grief and spent so long trying to justify what he did to himself that he lost his own mind :/
I'd really love to see the same sort of thing happen to Peter, somehow. Maybe if it turns out Altlivia is actually pregnant, the grief could be for this child he'll never know.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 am

Danielle wrote:I love that. I think his mother's death changed him more than they've made obvious. Like he gave up his entire childhood for her, borrowed a lot of money from a lot of bad people during a particularly hard time, tried to work to pay it back but the mob saw potential or something and forced him into work.
I can either see him in school as one of those really annoying, really popular, really loud but really smart kids who gets on everyone's nerves but at the same time everyone loves him, or a complete loner who people know not to bully cause that kid tried it that one time in fourth grade and Peter put him in hospital for a week, so they just leave him alone. Girls kinda like the mystery of him but they couldn't go long being disregarded before they moved on to someone who'd fuck them quickly. There was one kid who stuck by him but up until the story reached the news about the fire in the lab and then he left him too. Peter kinda sinks into this depression where he's just getting on with the trivialities of school, waiting for it to be over cause he's got a store to rob in a few hours so he can go home and make his mother who he knows is having a bad day today because she wasn't out of bed by the time he left school something to eat because he knows she won't eat if he doesn't force her to.
Yeah, I think he tried to remain as normal as he could but the second she died, his whole life was re-shaped by his loss, everyone he trusted was gone, he had no one alive who loved wanted him.
I don't think he'd be the popular kid :') He might try to charm people if they come near him but then get bored? He doesn't belong so he wouldn't ever properly connect with anyone, they wouldn't interest him xD

I'd really love to see the same sort of thing happen to Peter, somehow. Maybe if it turns out Altlivia is actually pregnant, the grief could be for this child he'll never know.
RIGHT!? And also the fact that Olivia would use that to make herself look even more like a victim and Peter look even more like a villain, he'd have no idea who he was. He'd know he wasn't a bad guy because he'd never intended to do any of this, he thought he was making Olivia happy, but he'd put himself down so much due to the fact that whenever he treis to help someone they end up hating him.
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Larissa wrote: Yeah, I think he tried to remain as normal as he could but the second she died, his whole life was re-shaped by his loss, everyone he trusted was gone, he had no one alive who loved wanted him.
I don't think he'd be the popular kid :') He might try to charm people if they come near him but then get bored? He doesn't belong so he wouldn't ever properly connect with anyone, they wouldn't interest him xD
Yeah, he'd be 23 I think by then, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere. So still not too old. Aww I just hate imagining how lonely he must have been. After you think about that it's not that difficult to imagine why he went so crazy with money and the mob and stuff.

RIGHT!? And also the fact that Olivia would use that to make herself look even more like a victim and Peter look even more like a villain, he'd have no idea who he was. He'd know he wasn't a bad guy because he'd never intended to do any of this, he thought he was making Olivia happy, but he'd put himself down so much due to the fact that whenever he treis to help someone they end up hating him.
Yeah, like every time he tries to do something for someone, every time he thinks he's doing something right, it just ends up hurting them, like being with Olivia, he tried to make it up for running even though he couldn't be blamed for it, and now he's got a kid he can't see, and he'll have the be a better man than your father in his head and it'll kill him cause he can't be better cause his kid's in a different world.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Danielle wrote:Yeah, he'd be 23 I think by then, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere. So still not too old. Aww I just hate imagining how lonely he must have been. After you think about that it's not that difficult to imagine why he went so crazy with money and the mob and stuff.
I'm completely convinced that he went that off the rails the mob saw potential in him and wanted to turn him into one of their best, he'd have just been too damn stubborn to do everything he was told.

Yeah, like every time he tries to do something for someone, every time he thinks he's doing something right, it just ends up hurting them, like being with Olivia, he tried to make it up for running even though he couldn't be blamed for it, and now he's got a kid he can't see, and he'll have the be a better man than your father in his head and it'll kill him cause he can't be better cause his kid's in a different world.
EXACTLY. I can see him just giving up with doing anything for anyone 'cause he'd be scared he'd hurt them in the end :'(
If (AND I SERIOUSLY FUCKING HOPE NOT) AltLiv is pregnant, and the writers focus on Olivia's feelings, I'll kill someone.
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Larissa wrote: I'm completely convinced that he went that off the rails the mob saw potential in him and wanted to turn him into one of their best, he'd have just been too damn stubborn to do everything he was told.
Yeah, like Peter would think well it's money and it's company and it's something to do, until it got out of hand and he'd just leave or something. I'd love a flashback episode though where we see the bar fight that had the guys in suits in the corner raise their eyebrows at each other and follow Peter out...

EXACTLY. I can see him just giving up with doing anything for anyone 'cause he'd be scared he'd hurt them in the end :'(
If (AND I SERIOUSLY FUCKING HOPE NOT) AltLiv is pregnant, and the writers focus on Olivia's feelings, I'll kill someone.
Did you ever see that Charmed episode where Prue became an empath and she just kinda stayed in her basement not letting anyone near her? I can kind of imagine him doing that, but mentally.
The thing is, though, if she is, Peter'll get one, maybe two scenes if that and the rest will be Olivia crying like a bitch into Peter's MIT shirt.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah, I think he tried to remain as normal as he could but the second she died, his whole life was re-shaped by his loss, everyone he trusted was gone, he had no one alive who loved wanted him.

I find this idea really upsetting. To be honest, I have never really thought about Peter's life at home after Walter left, but I suspect something similar to what you described was probably what happened. I agree that he was a loner type kid who probably spent his lunches hanging out at the edges of the school with a few of the older loner dudes, smoking and stuff. I agree he aced all his tests, and it frustrated his teachers because he never applied himself in the classroom and they saw his potential. I also agree he spent a lot of time caring for his mother. He says in "Over There Part 2" that she was a much weaker person than the Elizabeth we see there (this is SO sad, because what he needed was that mother) - I expect that Walter's accident in the lab just wrecked her emotionally and she was never able to really recover, and Peter's a very empathetic person with ones he is close to so this would have hurt him a LOT. Especially when she is the adult, the one who is supposed to be there caring for HIM, and instead he has to care for her and worry after her and he doesn't have his dad to rely on because his dad has always been physically absent and emotionally absent, and is now completely removed from their lives and the source of his mother's grief.

This actually would make a lot of sense as to why Peter hated Walter so. much. I can totally understand that even if Walter had truly loved Peter (though I still think he pulled away emotionally - and I still heavily suspect Peter was abused, because that line about the car batteries is seriously not right), Peter held him responsible for both his mother's grief and the fact that Peter lost a large portion of his childhood having to be the parent when he was nothing but a child. Sad
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

I love these theories about Peter's childhood. You guys have explained a lot more than the writers have.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the ensemble cast in this show.

But sometimes... I really think Peter is interesting enough to be the lead. The focus. And not just because he's gorgeous.
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 pm

But sometimes... I really think Peter is interesting enough to be the lead. The focus. And not just because he's gorgeous.

I totally agree. For me, he and Walter are the strongest characters on the show, and their relationship is its heart. Olivia carries it perfectly fine, but I could see Peter carry it brilliantly on his own as well. Walter, not so much - he's too out of touch with reality he works best in the background, but sometimes it feels PAINFUL in episodes where Peter gets pushed into the background. He's just too much of an interesting character to become a prop, and they force him there more than I think wise, especially in season two. See - Firefly. Peter-focussed episodes are almost always extremely highly rated by the fans, and IMO usually result in a further leap in quality. He's just such a versatile character, and he's still got a bit of danger lurking in him that I feel Olivia lacks. Because we know her thoroughly at this point, it is easy to gage her actions, but Peter still has this air of mystery surrounding him and has the ability to surprise the audience by doing something completely left field.

Oh, and him being gorgeous certainly doesn't hurt either. Wink
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:17 pm

monnie44 wrote:

I totally agree. For me, he and Walter are the strongest characters on the show, and their relationship is its heart. Olivia carries it perfectly fine, but I could see Peter carry it brilliantly on his own as well. Walter, not so much - he's too out of touch with reality he works best in the background, but sometimes it feels PAINFUL in episodes where Peter gets pushed into the background. He's just too much of an interesting character to become a prop, and they force him there more than I think wise, especially in season two. See - Firefly. Peter-focussed episodes are almost always extremely highly rated by the fans, and IMO usually result in a further leap in quality. He's just such a versatile character, and he's still got a bit of danger lurking in him that I feel Olivia lacks. Because we know her thoroughly at this point, it is easy to gage her actions, but Peter still has this air of mystery surrounding him and has the ability to surprise the audience by doing something completely left field.

Oh, and him being gorgeous certainly doesn't hurt either. Wink

EXACTLY.

I've noticed that Peter episodes are pretty highly rated, but so are Olivia episodes, so I hope I'm not too biased. It's crazy, because there are so many shit characters on shows nowadays, and Fringe has too many. That's fucking insane. I really hope these next couple episodes give us more about Peter, and that they leave on a cliffhanger with him before moving over to the Alt-verse for 3x13...
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 pm

I've noticed that Peter episodes are pretty highly rated, but so are Olivia episodes, so I hope I'm not too biased. It's crazy, because there are so many shit characters on shows nowadays, and Fringe has too many. That's fucking insane. I really hope these next couple episodes give us more about Peter, and that they leave on a cliffhanger with him before moving over to the Alt-verse for 3x13...

I feel like there's this huge divide in the fandom. There's always a group that comes out when the Over There episodes get announced all "YES FINALLY. I PREFERRED THEM SO MUCH MORE" (really??) and then whenever there's an episode with a Peter/Walter focus the other group never fails to post their own flailing about "FINALLY SOME PETER FOCUS. YAY WALTER. TIRED OF OLIVIA SO THIS IS COOL." (I FEEL YA).

But it's like, which does the fandom prefer?? We must make up our minds! XD

I'd totally settle for an alternating cycle between an Olivia focussed episode to satisfy those fans, which is them promptly corrected by CRAP TONNES OF PETER WHUMP for the next few episodes, and so forth.

OR WE COULD JUST MAKE THE LATTER HALF OF SEASON THREE THE SEASON WHERE PETER GETS REALLY SICK. THEREFORE GIVING UP GRATUITOUS SCENES OF HURT PETER IN EVERY. NEW. EPISODE.
sjgkjfdlsglfg
IA with cliffhanger. Let it be a big cliffhanger in episode 3x12 about Peter's illness coming back so that the fans are all "NOOOOOOOOOOO" during the switch Over There to really drive us mad for MOREMOREMORE. Great suspense technique! EVIL, but effective.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 pm

monnie44 wrote:

I feel like there's this huge divide in the fandom. There's always a group that comes out when the Over There episodes get announced all "YES FINALLY. I PREFERRED THEM SO MUCH MORE" (really??) and then whenever there's an episode with a Peter/Walter focus the other group never fails to post their own flailing about "FINALLY SOME PETER FOCUS. YAY WALTER. TIRED OF OLIVIA SO THIS IS COOL." (I FEEL YA).

But it's like, which does the fandom prefer?? We must make up our minds! XD

I'd totally settle for an alternating cycle between an Olivia focussed episode to satisfy those fans, which is them promptly corrected by CRAP TONNES OF PETER WHUMP for the next few episodes, and so forth.

OR WE COULD JUST MAKE THE LATTER HALF OF SEASON THREE THE SEASON WHERE PETER GETS REALLY SICK. THEREFORE GIVING UP GRATUITOUS SCENES OF HURT PETER IN EVERY. NEW. EPISODE.
sjgkjfdlsglfg
IA with cliffhanger. Let it be a big cliffhanger in episode 3x12 about Peter's illness coming back so that the fans are all "NOOOOOOOOOOO" during the switch Over There to really drive us mad for MOREMOREMORE. Great suspense technique! EVIL, but effective.

Yes! Though I'd prefer a kidnapping by Big Eddie and his henchmen for a cliffhanger, anything where Peter gets brutalized I'm absolutely fine with. And honestly, I enjoy his episodes even without physical pain inflicted on him. Northwest Passage was good in the parts where it didn't suck. I just fucking love the character.

How do you think Peter's illness will manifest itself? Like, flu symptoms, or nose bleeds, or what?

There is no other show that has had me on the edge of my seat like Fringe from week to week. It's unbelievable. I want more and more.
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 am

Yes! Though I'd prefer a kidnapping by Big Eddie and his henchmen for a cliffhanger, anything where Peter gets brutalized I'm absolutely fine with. And honestly, I enjoy his episodes even without physical pain inflicted on him. Northwest Passage was good in the parts where it didn't suck. I just fucking love the character.

Hee. I would love a Big Eddie return (I know you how feel about him!), but I would happily save it for next season if the writers want to go the route of the illness at current, which I think (I HOPE, I PRAY, I WISH) they are heading toward. Then we still have some potential Peter whump for early next season! Smile

How do you think Peter's illness will manifest itself? Like, flu symptoms, or nose bleeds, or what?

From the previews, I'm thinking nosebleed first, then other symptoms slowly starting in next few episodes. I think the nosebleed scene, and this other tiny clip a poster over at fringe forum pointed out which is an image in the promos of Olivia mimicking Peter's hand against the glass thing in "What Lies Below" are one too many hints at the virus episode for it to be a conincidence.

But since he still looks fine and dandy enough to jump of a mf roof in 3x12, I could be wrong. Or it could just be small little things like an odd nosebleed, coming into work with a headache, strange bruises, that keep popping up until BAM, I dunno, he collapses or something. There's a quote, I can't remember from what episode, where Walter likens Peter's illness to the symptoms of bird flu. He has also said Peter started bruising, then his kidneys failed (I don't know at what stage this happened though). We also know the illness is genetic, that Peter's eyes were of great interest to Walter, as was his blood pressure, and his breathing when asleep. At this point I wouldn't count any of the weird little things Walter did to Peter in the first season as paranoia, I would assume they were related to symptoms Our Peter had displayed.

I don't have any idea how they'll play it though. What do you think?
Also, do you think he'll hide it or Walter will be painfully aware of what is starting to happen to him?
And do you think it IS a resurgence of the disease? I would go yes, but in that interview with the showrunners they question whether it is to do with "growing up" (so, time delay would suggest disease return) or to do with him being kept in the wrong universe for so long (which could suggest something else).
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 am

monnie44 wrote:

From the previews, I'm thinking nosebleed first, then other symptoms slowly starting in next few episodes. I think the nosebleed scene, and this other tiny clip a poster over at fringe forum pointed out which is an image in the promos of Olivia mimicking Peter's hand against the glass thing in "What Lies Below" are one too many hints at the virus episode for it to be a conincidence.

But since he still looks fine and dandy enough to jump of a mf roof in 3x12, I could be wrong. Or it could just be small little things like an odd nosebleed, coming into work with a headache, strange bruises, that keep popping up until BAM, I dunno, he collapses or something. There's a quote, I can't remember from what episode, where Walter likens Peter's illness to the symptoms of bird flu. He has also said Peter started bruising, then his kidneys failed (I don't know at what stage this happened though). We also know the illness is genetic, that Peter's eyes were of great interest to Walter, as was his blood pressure, and his breathing when asleep. At this point I wouldn't count any of the weird little things Walter did to Peter in the first season as paranoia, I would assume they were related to symtoms Our Peter had displayed.

I don't have any idea how they'll play it though. What do you think?
Also, do you think he'll hide it or Walter will be painfully aware of what is starting to happen to him?
And do you think it IS a resurgence of the disease? I would go yes, but in that interview with the showrunners they question whether it is to do with "growing up" (so, time delay would suggest disease return) or to do with him being kept in the wrong universe for so long (which could suggest something else).

Oh snap, the way they framed it in the preview, it looked like the nosebleed was related to the machine. Like, he gets too close, sets it off, and then blood starts gushing out his face. Like the picture, but instead of light it's, you know, face blood.

I think he'd hide it from Walter. I don't know, though. THEY NEVER REPAIRED THAT RELATIONSHIP. They put it off and put it off like we'd all forget. We're the same people who watched Lost, dammit - we don't forget shit.

I'd approve of putting Eddie off for next year, except for the fact that in early season 1 it was imperative that Peter get the F outta Dodge, and putting it off for another year seems... impractical. It's like, dude, you were warned THREE GODDAMNED YEARS AGO TO LEAVE. Of course they got you, and maybe only because you were such a dick about ignoring directions.
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 am

Oh snap, the way they framed it in the preview, it looked like the nosebleed was related to the machine. Like, he gets too close, sets it off, and then blood starts gushing out his face. Like the picture, but instead of light it's, you know, face blood.

I don't know, it could be. I think they WANT us to think that. I don't trust promos with all my soul, because they can be intentionally misleading - and in this case, with the promise by the writers that something is going to go down with Peter's health, I don't know if they are going to have the machine be effecting him as well. It would seem like overkill, which is why I have a feeling they might be deliberately stringing us along for a bit with the promotion so it comes out of left field.

I think he'd hide it from Walter. I don't know, though. THEY NEVER REPAIRED THAT RELATIONSHIP. They put it off and put it off like we'd all forget. We're the same people who watched Lost, dammit - we don't forget shit.

I don't know what is going on with our boys, really. They're getting along, YES. They have not discussed it. They have to discuss it. This isn't resolved. Sad Walter needs to strap Peter to a chair and make him LISTEN, because Peter clearly isn't too keen to go and do it on his own.

I'd approve of putting Eddie off for next year, except for the fact that in early season 1 it was imperative that Peter get the F outta Dodge, and putting it off for another year seems... impractical. It's like, dude, you were warned THREE GODDAMNED YEARS AGO TO LEAVE. Of course they got you, and maybe only because you were such a dick about ignoring directions.

Lol this. *headdesk* You know when this should have been addressed? LAST SEASON. That's when.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 am

If it was due to being kept in the wrong universe for too long, can you imagine how heartbroken Walter would be? He couldn't save one son and now his actions could bring about the death of another.
I do hope his illness comes back, though. A little part of me thinks they just forget Peter's storylines, because the illness, Big Eddie, etc - we still know nothing. I'm worried if they bring up the illness they'll do what they did with the switch or with Peter finding out - we'll see it happen to the other characters. Although with that promo for Friday I have hope they could start writing Peter in more depth.

I think he'll hide it from Walter but Walter will know what's going on. All I want is one scene to address where Peter/Walter stands. Because a lie like that - it would destroy weaker relationships irreparably, which is why I think the Peter/Walter relationship is so interesting. Peter hated Walter yet he's willing to forgive him for this.

The Big Eddie thing really annoys me. LEAVE HE'S AFTER YOU. Um. Biding his time? Pah. xD
If they leave it too long it's just gonna be nonsensical when it does come up again.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:55 am

If it was due to being kept in the wrong universe for too long, can you imagine how heartbroken Walter would be? He couldn't save one son and now his actions could bring about the death of another.
I do hope his illness comes back, though. A little part of me thinks they just forget Peter's storylines, because the illness, Big Eddie, etc - we still know nothing. I'm worried if they bring up the illness they'll do what they did with the switch or with Peter finding out - we'll see it happen to the other characters. Although with that promo for Friday I have hope they could start writing Peter in more depth.

Yeah, that would be so tragic that I could totally see them doing it.

I really hope that with this storyline that won't happen. I am still disappointed, and I think I always will be, that they dedicated so much time and focus to Olivia and Walter dealing with the revelation that Peter wasn't theirs and that he was being lied to, for the actual victim of it to barely get any screen time to deal with the issue that changes every aspect of his LIFE. Sad

I do think though that a sickness storyline will give us lots of great Peter. Peter whump scenes in any episode are always very favourable to his character - I would beg to say he gets more coddling than even Olivia in those situations - so I think this plot would work in our favour. Smile At the very least, they would be forced to SHOW us Peter getting ill, and even if there wasn't a terrible amount of script about how he is coping with this, JJ brings a whole lot in a very small amount of screentime so he'd do the work himself.

I think he'll hide it from Walter but Walter will know what's going on. All I want is one scene to address where Peter/Walter stands. Because a lie like that - it would destroy weaker relationships irreparably, which is why I think the Peter/Walter relationship is so interesting. Peter hated Walter yet he's willing to forgive him for this.

I agree that if Peter hid it Walter would know. He's so attuned to Peter he'd probably realise what was happening before Peter did. Whether he'd know how to confront Peter might be a different story.

Ugh, their relationship is so complex and layered. I love those two so much. I really, really want nothing more than a scene where Walter retells his story to PETER, because I honestly don't think Peter knows what really happened - I think he still believes Walter took him because he missed his son, not because he had all the intentions of taking Peter back and that it was to undo a mistake on part of the Observer.

The Big Eddie thing really annoys me. LEAVE HE'S AFTER YOU. Um. Biding his time? Pah. xD
If they leave it too long it's just gonna be nonsensical when it does come up again.

Lol, yeah, I would love to see how they excuse the three year lapse if they were to bring it in season four. Haha. I actually want to see this just to see how they would attempt to explain it!
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:53 am

Danielle wrote:Did you ever see that Charmed episode where Prue became an empath and she just kinda stayed in her basement not letting anyone near her? I can kind of imagine him doing that, but mentally.
The thing is, though, if she is, Peter'll get one, maybe two scenes if that and the rest will be Olivia crying like a bitch into Peter's MIT shirt.
OMG. HOW HOT WOULD IT BE IF PETER GOT DOSED/INFECTED WITH SOMETHING THAT TURNED HIM INTO A SUPER-SENSITIVE EMPATH. IT WOULD FREAK HIM OUT IF HE COULDN'T FEEL HIS OWN FEELINGS, JUST EVERYONE ELSE'S AMPLIFIED AND MESSING HIM UP EMOTIONALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY.

smatchiemo wrote:I love these theories about Peter's childhood. You guys have explained a lot more than the writers have.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the ensemble cast in this show.

I sometimes think that we like Peter more than the writers do :')
OMG YES. HE'S ANGSTY TOO AND HE'S HAD A FUCKED UP CHILDHOOD.

monnie44 wrote:
I totally agree. For me, he and Walter are the strongest characters on the show, and their relationship is its heart.

YES. I watch the show for their relationship and that's why I was so let down by the first half of this series. 2 scenes in 9 episodes. And if you think about it, Peter still doesn't know why he was kidnapped. The one time they tried to talk about it Peter wasn't ready yet, and so it's been ignored since then :/

Peter-focussed episodes are almost always extremely highly rated by the fans, and IMO usually result in a further leap in quality. He's just such a versatile character, and he's still got a bit of danger lurking in him that I feel Olivia lacks. Because we know her thoroughly at this point, it is easy to gage her actions, but Peter still has this air of mystery surrounding him and has the ability to surprise the audience by doing something completely left field.

The Peter episodes are always my favourite. I love the focus on him, his relationship with Walter and the mythology. People seem to be in love with Olivia episodes too though and they never interest me. The Cortexiphan storyline really doesn't grab me :/ I forget OITLWTR even exists O_O

Peter has the ability to be anyone. To show Olivia being fun, they had to introduce another version of her. Peter can be fun, dangerous, dark, adorable, a genius - anything. He has so much potential.
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am

monnie44 wrote:

Yeah, that would be so tragic that I could totally see them doing it.

I really hope that with this storyline that won't happen. I am still disappointed, and I think I always will be, that they dedicated so much time and focus to Olivia and Walter dealing with the revelation that Peter wasn't theirs and that he was being lied to, for the actual victim of it to barely get any screen time to deal with the issue that changes every aspect of his LIFE. Sad
I think that's why people can't connect with Peter now, why they can't see why he couldn't work Olivia out - because we didn't get to see him hurting.

I do think though that a sickness storyline will give us lots of great Peter. Peter whump scenes in any episode are always very favourable to his character - I would beg to say he gets more coddling than even Olivia in those situations - so I think this plot would work in our favour. Smile At the very least, they would be forced to SHOW us Peter getting ill, and even if there wasn't a terrible amount of script about how he is coping with this, JJ brings a whole lot in a very small amount of screentime so he'd do the work himself.
I love Josh's acting. He does so much with so little - he's been given next to nothing yet he's still amazeballs *-* I think I like Peter being hurt so much (besides from because it's hot xD) because it's Josh actually getting to do something.

I agree that if Peter hid it Walter would know. He's so attuned to Peter he'd probably realise what was happening before Peter did. Whether he'd know how to confront Peter might be a different story.
I don't think he would. Walter's not the most confrontational. I think he'd try play it out and if it got bad enough then he'd say something. But Peter doesn't talk cause he can't trust anyone and Walter doesn't want to say anything because he doesn't want Peter to think he's been spying on him or stuff... it'd be so sad.

Ugh, their relationship is so complex and layered. I love those two so much. I really, really want nothing more than a scene where Walter retells his story to PETER, because I honestly don't think Peter knows what really happened - I think he still believes Walter took him because he missed his son, not because he had all the intentions of taking Peter back and that it was to undo a mistake on part of the Observer.
I don't think Walter really knows what happened. I don't trust the episode Peter. But Walter does need to give Peter the reasons as to why he was taken because right now he doesn't even know.

Lol, yeah, I would love to see how they excuse the three year lapse if they were to bring it in season four. Haha. I actually want to see this just to see how they would attempt to explain it!

I don't know if I've told you but I'm convinced Big Eddie is actually a dwarf or something. Maybe that's why it's taken so long. It's taken his tiny legs three years to reach Harvard.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overthere on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:08 pm

OH MY GENE. HOLY PAPAYAAA.

I don't think I can't handle all the awesomeness going on on this page.
overthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Shall we defibrillate you? Wink XD
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

overthere wrote:OH MY GENE. HOLY PAPAYAAA.

I don't think I can't handle all the awesomeness going on on this page.

ROFL I CAME ON HERE AFTER COLLEGE AND GOT COMPLETELY LOST. XD
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

I KEEP COMING ON IN THE MORNINGS AND ALMOST BEING LATE XD
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overthere on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

LULZ.

I leave for a few hours and BAM. THERE'S 1345867248205 MORE POSTS AND I GET SOOOOO LOST.

I LITERALLY STARE AT MY PHONE LIKE O____________O

LOOL THAT'S WHY I DON'T POST ON SOME TOPICS BECAUSE I SIMPLY DON'T HAVE TIME TO LOOK THROUGH ALL THE POSTS XD
overthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm

EVERY TOPIC IS BASICALLY PETER WHUMP OR CONPORN ANYWAY XD
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down