Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concentrate and Ask Again

+2
Danielle
overthere
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Concentrate and Ask Again - Page 2 Empty Re: Concentrate and Ask Again

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:52 am

I didn't like Earthling or Unearthed. I just didn't like the episodes. But I didn't expect to that much. They were standalones, when the overall mythology of the story wasn't really going anywhere. So I can deal with those.
But this. I didn't expect much what with the sneak peeks and promos, but seriously? It was shite. Biggest letdown ever. I'm kinda pissed that they're making out like Peter is so grateful to Olivia for forgiving him and bringing her all this coffee and trying to make it up to her and shit. SHE'S NOT WORTH IT, PETAH. She's acting like an insecure little teenage girl.

Also - the baby storyline has been confirmed? If you're referring to the billboard, are you sure they're not fucking with us, trying to freak us out? XD *crosses fingers*

I don't like Walter's storyline. Regrowing his brain tissue? It feels too easy. It's just... meh, I don't care. I don't like Olivia's storyline. Because all her storyline is atm is getting involved in everyone elses storylines and feeling sorry for herself. I don't like the love triangle. THEY HAVE AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. THEY HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Yet they're taking it the same way as every other TV show -_- If I wanted this romantic crap I'd watch something like... whatever it is my sister watches. WHERE HAS FRINGE GONE? Even the machine story now is about which Olivia Peter'll choose.
I feel sorry for him, having to end up with one of them.

Fringe is killing itself with crappy and predictable storylines, and leaving the more interesting stories and relationships (does Peter even know why Walter kidnapped him as a kid? Nah ah.) out just to focus on Olivia.

Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:00 am

Everything just got shit out this week.
I mean, WTAF?

Was there a plot, at all? I don't usually like the cortexiphan stories but this one really hit a new low. It felt like a fucking stand alone. I don't usually mind stand alones but I just sat through that episode bored shitless and wanting to wander off somewhere. I agree with everything you all said, I can't even write my thoughts down.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  overthere Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:55 am

Ok, so at first, like you all I was PISSED BEYOND BELIEF with this episode. But then I decided it wasn't THAT terrible...

Now I just don't even know. What pisses me off is that fans are ready to give up after this episode. Sure, it was NOT that amazing of an episode and it was definitely the worst of season 3, but for me? To me it wasn't the absolute worst episode. Idk, that's just my opinion. I'm choosing to be optimistic about this. I don't wanna go around being pissed and ticked off all the time. I refuse to believe all this crap that the writers are putting in until I actually see it with my own two eyes. And yes, even me, an Olivia fan, is tired of he being all emo and crap. I was really hoping that she would take what Simon said to heart and burn the stupid note. Either that, or it would have something postive on it.

And wasn't Peter running on the roof good? Smile

I mean, I understand that fans can be angry about this episode being nothing compared to the others, but I don't think fans give up on it after this episode.

Look at Bones. All I've heard about this season is that it's complete CRAP, yet the fans still stick with that. I don't watch Bones, but that's just what I've heard.

Also, where did you hear that the prenancy storyline was confimed?
overthere
overthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:05 am

It's just getting so tiring trying to be optimistic when we get stuff like this thrown in our faces all of the time -.-

Peter running off the roof and Peter in a tux were the only good parts -.-

If the pregnancy shit is true, that's the last of my faith gone.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:08 am

I don't know, the episode was tiresome and boring. Not as boring as The Firefly, I'll give it that, but I'd still rather rewatch The Firefly. I just don't see why they're dragging out Olivia's self pity. Look at her in season 1. When she was knocked down she got back up and fought through it. She still whinged, but compared to now she was a fricking angel back then.
She's the one ruining it for me.
Also Simon pissed me off. He doesn't understand what's gone on. How can he? How can he know about alternate universes and the switch and all this? To him, Peter could've been thinking "I miss her. The old Olivia. The one who didn't bitch at me about coffee."
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 am

How the fuck does shitty simon not know Peter was thinking about Olivia.

She's the one ruining it for me.
She ruined P/O, Fringe season 3, the show in general, the story lines and she's even ruining Peter.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am

He doesn't. He has no way of knowing.
I'm sick of everything being about her. I'm surprised she hasn't worked her way into Walter's regrowing-his-brain storyline yet.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Didn't you hear? That's 3x14.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:04 pm

I don't even know if you're joking. I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Also, where did you hear that the prenancy storyline was confimed?

From the episode, guys. Smile (oh, wait ... Sad ). With all the bullshit BABYBABYBABY they've been hurtling at us there's no way it aint happening now.

Ugh. And yeah, even a day later, I still see this episode as the worst episode of the series so far. I am SO disappointed in it.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I am hoping so much they've decided to fuck with us. "Let them think there's a baybay! Mwaha!" (there's a lot of evil laughter going on on this forum today xD).
But I can't see it. I think the point of the OT episode is to confirm the pregnancy :/

They could've read Peter's mind, only not shown Olivia, but shown the audience how shit his life is and how much of a happy act he's putting on. That would have done so much for his character.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:16 pm

They always skip opportunities for his character :/
If he'd read Peter's mind, they could have shown exactly how confused and broken he is, they could have shown the darkness in him, and obsession about the machine - but no. All of Peter's thoughts, feelings and storylines have to involve or revolve around Olivia.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:25 pm

The fans really need to see how messed up Peter is. They had a perfect opportunity there, and missed it, just to make Olivia pity herself even more.
They need to sort out his character soon. They surely can't believe someone would be unaffected by all of this :/
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Danielle wrote:They could've read Peter's mind, only not shown Olivia, but shown the audience how shit his life is and how much of a happy act he's putting on. That would have done so much for his character.

Yeah, you know, they COULD'VE. I just ... what an infinite waste of a mind reading character.

I'm sorry, a note (a NOTE!) that gives us one very simple, condensed line about Peter having "feelings" (WHAT feelings? how MANY? are they mixed in with hurt? are they horribly confused? are they driving him insane? does he feel like an evil shit for thinking it? is he beating himself up for it? is he trying to force them to go away? is this his reaction to how Olivia has broken them off? is he only worrying now because she keeps bringing the other one up and she's convincing him he MIGHT?) is the biggest lost opportunity EVER.

Couldn't they have got the message across to the audience about this without having to learn it through "poor me!" Olivia? I just hate that she even opened the letter. I would never do it - no matter what. What goes on inside people's minds is something that is NO ONE ELSE'S place to judge. If he never acted on those feelings, then they are of no consequence. It's beyond invasive to take those thoughts from his mind and make decicions on Peter's behalf, and I am very angry at Olivia for doing so. Low move, and it's pathetic. She deserved to find out the one thing she didn't want to hear - it was NEVER her place to go and seek that information out in the worst of ways. Too far, and I hope she's hurting because of it because what she did to Peter by reading that letter is wholly unfair to him.

The little moment when we could hear Peter's thoughts about the machine over the phone needed to have been extended. I would have loved if they had given us a scene where the trio were standing next to the mind reader and Peter is not saying anything but appears to be watching them with interest and a blank expression on his face, only for the voiceover to a flurry of racing, screaming thoughts about "why is it me? why does the machine work because of me? need to find out more, need to find out more, need to find out more. why is this taking so long? we're wasting time. this is pointless. this has nothing to do with it. why don't they care? its the most important thing. they should care. why are we here?----" while the mind reader guy pretends to not acknowledge it or something. Yes. This would have actually worked. Because it would have cemented the fact that while Peter may have been only milling around the background this week and seemed to be "okay", the viewer would have it drilled home that all this waiting is driving him insane and last week's breakdown is still very much alive in his head.

But nooooooooooo.

Man. I should have written this episode. Nothing I could write could have been worse than what we were given.

Also, shut the fuck up Sam Weiss. I hate you.
How the shit does he even know anything about Peter? Let alone what's going on in the boy's mind. They've never even MET.
WHAT IS THIS?
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:35 pm

YAY, ANOTHER PERSON ON THE I HATE SAM WEISS TRAIN! EVERYONE LOVES HIM. WHY? D:

But yeah, all they needed was one scene in place of another Olivia hates her life scene where Peter's smiling along, being okay, but his thoughts are a mess.

She can't get mad at him for his thoughts. Wtf. There was barely information on that note and what was on it was inside his head. Imagine the fans reaction if Peter'd done that to Olivia. They'd be livid.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Danielle wrote:She can't get mad at him for his thoughts. Wtf. There was barely information on that note and what was on it was inside his head. Imagine the fans reaction if Peter'd done that to Olivia. They'd be livid.

Yup. This is too far. Be pissed at him for what he says and does, fine. His THOUGHTS are entirely HIS. They are thoughts because they are not MEANT to become others knowledge. They're deeply personal and the sole thing a human being has that they DON'T have to censor. If she dares use this as a reason to not be with him in episode 3x14, she can get the fuck out. Peter, just like any other being on planet fucking earth, is entitled to his own THOUGHTS.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Everyone thinks weird things, too. Like it'll cross my mind what fucking one of my teachers'd be like before I'm like "ew, get out, I don't want it" XD But yeah, even if he does have feelings for Altlivia - he loved her for months. Should that just go away? Should he forget about that? Has he acted on these feelings? Has he made any inclination he loves Altlivia more - cause that's what Olivia'll assume cause she's an insecure little bitch - no he hasn't. He had a thought which was overheard and passed on. Which is ridiculous.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Danielle wrote:Everyone thinks weird things, too. Like it'll cross my mind what fucking one of my teachers'd be like before I'm like "ew, get out, I don't want it" XD But yeah, even if he does have feelings for Altlivia - he loved her for months. Should that just go away? Should he forget about that? Has he acted on these feelings? Has he made any inclination he loves Altlivia more - cause that's what Olivia'll assume cause she's an insecure little bitch - no he hasn't. He had a thought which was overheard and passed on. Which is ridiculous.

Yup. God knows what I'd do if someone ever read my mind. Thoughts are not for other people to hear. Peter is far from at fault here.

I can totally understand him being confused. Even if he knows its wrong, that often isn't enough to get rid of deepseated, animalistic feelings that we can't control. So maybe some part of him FELT right with her, and he's stuck wondering if it could have been because he was MEANT to meet HER? I would be shocked if that idea didn't cross his mind.

Olivia needs to stop this and take him on his WORD. If she can't trust him that far, LET HIM GO. It is not fair on Peter to have to prove himself to anyone - if she loved him, she'd be trying to move forward with him and trust him. If not, let the man be free to go and be with someone who WILL.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Well yeah, if Walter hadn't have stolen him, he would have met Olivia and they would probably have ended up together. Josh is right, they're from the same side, there's some chemistry between them that isn't there with Olivia.
If there had to be a Peter/Olivia romance in the show, I'd much rather him go for Altlivia. I kinda want one scene somewhere where Altlivia asks Peter if he's okay, and she doesn't take yes for an answer xD
I don't understand why she's trying to make it more difficult for him. What Nina told her to ask him and what she actually asked him are two different things. One would be a reasonable question, the other is a thirteen year old girl's insecurities.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Danielle wrote:If there had to be a Peter/Olivia romance in the show, I'd much rather him go for Altlivia. I kinda want one scene somewhere where Altlivia asks Peter if he's okay, and she doesn't take yes for an answer xD

Hee. To be honest, this could sorta redeem her character for me. If she was the only one who actually forced Peter to admit that his entire life was falling apart (and acknowledged that she had a crapload to do with that), and cared enough to stay there and listen to him, I would be considerably warmer to her. That said, she tried to stick her tongue down his throat last time he did that ... so he probably wouldn't open up.

Wow. It looks like we have whittled down all Peter's opportunities to get this off his chest to dear Astrid. She's the only one at the moment who I can see who would listen and actually be able to comfort the man. Peter's life is really shit.

Elizabeth needs to sneak her way over here and cuddle that boy. He needs some unconditional love by a person who hasn't fundamentally fucked him over.

I don't understand why she's trying to make it more difficult for him. What Nina told her to ask him and what she actually asked him are two different things. One would be a reasonable question, the other is a thirteen year old girl's insecurities.

Yup - she went about that really, really rudely too. Peter's "excuse me" was evidence enough. I understand wanting to know - it is not necessary to word it in such a way it twists the knife further when she just apologised for doing the same damn thing last week.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 pm

I'd love for if she got pregnant, her to just change. Be all fuck you Walternate, I have a child, and come over and tell Peter and apologize and be there for him. But the chances of that happening are about the same of the chances of anything coming from Mars and that song is gonna be in my head all year now.
It would be awesome if he and Astrid just got really close. Maybe not romantically (I still think Astrid's probably gay. I blame Jasika) but she hasn't lied to him. She hasn't hurt him. She knows what's gone on and she's an amazing little person. He could talk to her. She's nice. She wouldn't judge him.
I hate that Peter has had to leave Elizabeth. He must miss her so much ;_;
That "excuse me?" made me want to punch Olivia even more than usual. She's behaving like a child, and I've said this so many times but she's a grown woman whose character has been portrayed for 3 seasons as strong, and she's not showing it at all.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:29 pm

It would be awesome if he and Astrid just got really close.

So close their crotches came in contact.

That "excuse me?" made me want to punch Olivia even more than usual. She's behaving like a child, and I've said this so many times but she's a grown woman whose character has been portrayed for 3 seasons as strong, and she's not showing it at all.

Agreed. This isn't the character we've been introduced to in the Pilot. She's weak. I can't stand weak female characters - the only thing that made Olivia stand out from then and me not hate her on sight was the fact she used to be a strong woman. Pathetic? She was not. This epiosde? Yeah, pathetic. Not a good look for her. Her life is more than her relationship with Peter, and Peter's character (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SHOW) is to be more than just a fucking love interest.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 pm

ASTRID LIKES VAGINA.

You're right. The way this is going Peter is just gonna be in it as a love interest. Josh'd get pissed, leave, and then where would we be? We'd be with a Joshless Fringe with self pitying Olivia. And therefore my life would be Fringeless because I would not watch such an atrocity.

I never ever thought I'd say this but I miss s1 Olivia. Although she's always found something to cry about.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 am

I do find myself hoping sometimes that Josh would leave, just to save the Peter character and to show the writers how shit and neglectful they've been. But then, I have to admit, I wouldn't carry on watching Fringe.

Olivia was just a whining little bitch in that episode. I spent the entire thing wanting to punch her in her face.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:02 am

Josh hasn't really been quiet about when he doesn't like things, but I guess he can only say to a certain extent. I'd love like an unrecorded conversation with him about how disappointed he's been. Cause he can't be pleased with it atm.
I'm writing a fic atm where Peter's like "you're judging me on my thoughts? You absolute bitch." and then Astrid comes to make him better xD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum