Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction thread!

+4
overthere
Larissa
monnie44
Danielle
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Introduction thread! - Page 5 Empty Re: Introduction thread!

Post  monnie44 Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 pm

What is not to love about Brown Betty, it was a sureal, interesting and visually appealing break from the serious, while keeping characters pretty much in character and *swoon* how good did they look in noir get up?
I never understood the hate it got. For a musical episode (and I hate musicals with an irrational passion) it was very decent, the story was interesting and not overshadowed by song, and it had dangerous, precious, dying Peter in it! And his glass heart. <3 He is so special and fragile and loving, how can they ignore him like they do?

Oh and yes, yes, yes to Joshua Jackson in a suit and hat indeed. He looked all kinds of gorgeous.

It is in writing this comment that I just realised that they had been planning Reciprocity since Brown Betty. The dangeous quote from Nina, and the shot that was almost identical when Olivia and Broyles found Rachel's dead body to when they find the body of the last Shapeshifter Peter killed in the episode. Freaky.

Is anyone else still suspicious that the dying scene in that episode hasn't yet come to pass? I mean, it was sort of similar to The Firefly seizure scene, but Peter never says those two words ("I'm dying") which, to me, feel like they are waiting to be repeated. Sad No sign bodes well for Peter in this season/series finale, does it?
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:54 am

monnie44 wrote: For a musical episode (and I hate musicals with an irrational passion) it was very decent, the story was interesting and not overshadowed by song, and it had dangerous, precious, dying Peter in it! And his glass heart. <3 He is so special and fragile and loving, how can they ignore him like they do?
I really hate musicals, too, and I quite liked the episode. There was a lot of hidden stuff in there, it was like a mythology orgy. And the Rachel singing in Walter's voice at the start had me in hysterics xD Ella's face... <3

It is in writing this comment that I just realised that they had been planning Reciprocity since Brown Betty. The dangeous quote from Nina, and the shot that was almost identical when Olivia and Broyles found Rachel's dead body to when they find the body of the last Shapeshifter Peter killed in the episode. Freaky.
Wooaah. Sometimes they do really cool stuff like this, and then they go and ruin it by having Altlivia get pregnant! XD

Is anyone else still suspicious that the dying scene in that episode hasn't yet come to pass? I mean, it was sort of similar to The Firefly seizure scene, but Peter never says those two words ("I'm dying") which, to me, feel like they are waiting to be repeated. Sad No sign bodes well for Peter in this season/series finale, does it?
I'd love for Peter to say that, and have him die. As long as he's brought back. It was too big of a deal in BB for it not to happen again.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 am

I'd love for Peter to say that, and have him die. As long as he's brought back. It was too big of a deal in BB for it not to happen again.
Agreed. But I'm fearing now it looks like it will be the season finale in which this scene is realised, and they'll leave us on some terrible DEAD PETERRR cliffhanger.

I am not waiting around for months with his life up in the air, Fringe. Don't do this to us. Sad
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kira Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks for the link, Monique! (I'm taking a break from writing, but will totally email you back sooooon!)

Name: Kira
Other TV shows you like: Jeeze. Where to start? Castle, NCIS, White Collar, Psych, Covert Affairs, Alias, Eureka, Bones, Community, 30 Rock, The Closer....there are more, I swear!
Films you like: Iron Man 1&2, The Fifth Element, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Inception, Batman (the 2 new ones!), etc.
Favourite colour & why: Cobalt blue. It's just the perfect mix of blue and green. And is dangerous to have on my fingers (I'm an artist, so I always have paint somewhere!)
Fringe-related -
When you started watching Fringe:
Pilot. I'm a JJ fangirl. Plus, I was like, "Ooo, X-Files + JJ = WIN!" I watch all the new shows when they come out and stick with a few. This one stuck. Like, right away.
Favourite character: *points at forum name* Very Happy I was originally an Olivia fangirl, but have been swayed.
Favourite season: Ouch. This is hard. I loved 1 for Charlie, but 2 for all the angst and advancement of storylines.
Favourite episode: A few. The Arrival. Bad Dreams. Northwest Passage. The Firefly.
Favourite thing about the show: The team. I love complex cases, but love that we've gotten to learn more about our team through them. The Bishop boys come in a close second; I love their changing and growing relationship.
Favourite glyph: The moth/butterfly wings. Had that as my wallpaper before Os aired (and I made a new wallpaper).

Very Happy If you can't tell, I'm a Peter!Whump junkie. Yup. That's me!

kira

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:44 pm

kira wrote:Thanks for the link, Monique! (I'm taking a break from writing, but will totally email you back sooooon!)

Other TV shows you like: Jeeze. Where to start? Castle, NCIS, White Collar, Psych, Covert Affairs, Alias, Eureka, Bones, Community, 30 Rock, The Closer....there are more, I swear!
Films you like: Iron Man 1&2, The Fifth Element, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Inception, Batman (the 2 new ones!), etc.
Favourite colour & why: Cobalt blue. It's just the perfect mix of blue and green. And is dangerous to have on my fingers (I'm an artist, so I always have paint somewhere!)
Fringe-related -
Pilot. I'm a JJ fangirl. Plus, I was like, "Ooo, X-Files + JJ = WIN!" I watch all the new shows when they come out and stick with a few. This one stuck. Like, right away.
Favourite character: *points at forum name* Very Happy I was originally an Olivia fangirl, but have been swayed.
Favourite season: Ouch. This is hard. I loved 1 for Charlie, but 2 for all the angst and advancement of storylines.
Favourite episode: A few. The Arrival. Bad Dreams. Northwest Passage. The Firefly.
Favourite thing about the show: The team. I love complex cases, but love that we've gotten to learn more about our team through them. The Bishop boys come in a close second; I love their changing and growing relationship.
Favourite glyph: The moth/butterfly wings. Had that as my wallpaper before Os aired (and I made a new wallpaper).

Should we just rename this forum to the Peter whump forum? xD We all have the same obsession.

Nice to hear Peter swayed over your heart. He is such an irrisistable dear, isn't he?

& Welcome. We were active once, a while ago, but I think maybe the show and it's lack of Peter focus has pushed up away over the past few weeks. Idk. At least the opportunity is here to have in depth Peter exploration without being argued with nor having the subject changed back to other characters - so enjoy. Smile
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:10 am

Larissa wrote: It put me off how we were supposed to think Christian was hot and he wasn't O_O

[

YOU DO KNOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT COLE TURNER, MY VERY FIRST CRUSH, DON'T YOU? XD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:12 am

kira wrote:Thanks for the link, Monique! (I'm taking a break from writing, but will totally email you back sooooon!)

Firstly - HI! Very Happy
Secondly - White Collar? Does this mean you can join us in shipping Peter Bishop/Neal Caffrey? Very Happy
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 am

Fringe-related -

Welcome, Kira! Very Happy
WE WATCH SO MANY OF THE SAME SHOWS *___*
Your post has actually made my day, I'm so happy whenever we find someone who shares our passions :')
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:51 am

Danielle wrote:
Larissa wrote: It put me off how we were supposed to think Christian was hot and he wasn't O_O

[

YOU DO KNOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT COLE TURNER, MY VERY FIRST CRUSH, DON'T YOU? XD

He was hot as Cole, in Nip/Tuck he just used women, got fat and became a self-centered slob.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Larissa wrote:
Danielle wrote:

[

He was hot as Cole, in Nip/Tuck he just used women, got fat and became a self-centered slob.

Noooooo. He's still Cole, though, just Cole playing a part to hide out whilst The Source looks for him ;_;
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5