That one I have yet to title but have been titling "That Dream One".

Go down

That one I have yet to title but have been titling "That Dream One".

Post  Danielle on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm warning you now. 1am is usually the time I write this xD

---
Beep. Beep. Beep.
It surely couldn’t be time to wake up, could it? He’d only just got into bed.
“Scalpel.”
His eyes snap open. The room is bright, far too bright. He blinks furiously, and he hears someone mutter “Shit.” He tries to sit up, and finds he can’t move. He can’t feel anything except a dull pain in his head. His vision clears, and he almost wishes it hadn’t. It looks like he’s in an operating room. Four people are looking down at him behind surgical masks. The one with the scalpel in his hand looks to the others.
“We must continue. He’s anesthetized. He won’t feel it. It’s okay.”
A nightmare. This has to be a nightmare. He’s vaguely aware of them touching his arm; there’s a strange feeling as he realizes they’re cutting into it. He watches with horror as they take some of his flesh and drop it into a Petri dish. The man was right – it doesn’t hurt, but he still wants to get the hell out of here. He can’t speak; he just lies there motionless and helpless as they do whatever it is they’re doing to him.
“Inject him, and we’ll let him go,” the doctor mutters.
“Shephard,” another man says, “we need more than this. He said –“
“I know what he said, Christian,” he snaps. “But not tonight. If he stays here for too long he’ll feel it in the morning.”
Christian just shrugs, and grabs a syringe. “He’ll feel it anyway,” he mutters as he injects Peter. The room starts to spin, making him even more dizzy than he already is. Just before he loses consciousness he hears a distant voice – a frighteningly familiar voice.
“It’s okay, Christian. Take what you need while you still can. I want him when you’re finished.”

Peter wakes up with a start. Jesus. He feels like he’s got one hell of a hangover. He looks at the time; he’s already late for work, he’s usually at the lab by now. But then, he usually is late. He tries sitting up, and groans; his head is pounding. He doesn’t feel like he got any sleep at all last night.
He hears his cell phone ring – that must have been what woke him up. The sound just makes his head worse. He drags himself out of bed and takes one look at the number before turning off his phone. It’s Olivia. The only time she’s talking to him right now is when they have a case, and at the moment all he needs is an aspirin. He staggers to the bathroom, closes the curtains, and opens the cupboard. Valium. Ecstasy. There’s even LSD in here. There seems to be every drug but aspirin, so he takes the almost empty bottle of Vicodin off of the shelf. “Son?”
Peter groans. “Turn the light off.”
“Are you getting high, Peter?” Walter smirks.
“No. I have a migraine. Which you’re only adding to. Turn the light off,” he snaps.
Walter flicks the light switch, but carries on talking. “Agent Dunham just called.” Walter’s watching him carefully.
“Fantastic,” he mutters as he swallows the pills.
“Something about a body.” He’s still watching him, waiting for his reaction. “I can’t remember. Maybe you should call her.”
“Or maybe I should go back to bed,” he mutters, closing the cupboard. Walter’s stood in the doorway so he can’t get out. Wonderful.
“You didn’t come home until late last night, Peter. I didn’t hear you come back. I was worried.”
Peter frowns. “I didn’t go out last night.”
“I checked on you at four when I woke up to piss. You weren’t in your room,” Walter tells him. Peter opens his mouth to speak but there’s a knock at their door. “I’ll get it.”
“Put some pants on first,” Peter calls after him, before heading back to his room. He has no clue what Walter means – he doubts even Walter does. The Vicodin’s making him groggy, and he gets back into bed. Just as he closes his eyes, images seep into his brain. A room. Doctors. That voice.
He sits up. He can’t stop himself from checking his arm. It’s fine. He’s okay. It was dream. He checks the other one, just in case. “Peter?” The voice startles him. Aw hell, it’s her. He gets out of bed again and opens his bedroom door. She doesn’t look impressed. “What’s wrong with your phone?” she asks, raising an eyebrow.
“I’m sick,” he tells her. He doesn’t want to get mad at her, but this headache is making him irritable. He half wishes she were Broyles. At least then Peter would be able to look him in the eyes. He doesn’t know if she’ll ever forgive him for what he did with the other her, and he can’t blame her.
“Walter says you’re high,” she half smirks. She glances around his room and he’s suddenly self conscious. He wants her out.
“And everything Walter says is the truth, right?” he asks. “Do you actually need me today?” The pain is fading now, but he doesn’t want to be around her. He knows sooner or later he’s going to have to, and all he wants is to make it up to her, but right now all he wants to do is sleep.
“Yes,” she says. “I don’t call unless I need you. Get dressed. I’ll drive, seeing as you and Walter have both been taking drugs.”
“I didn’t-“ She closes the door and he hears her walk away. He sighs as he pulls on his clothes. It’s going to be a long day.

Astrid has taken Walter to the store and Olivia’s in her office, so he takes the opportunity to catch up on his sleep. That nightmare has been going on for two nights now. Please don’t dream. Please don’t dream. Please don’t dream.
Beep. Beep. Beep.
Not again.
He doesn’t open his eyes; he knows what he’ll see. He didn’t open his eyes last night, either, and head has been even worse today than it had been yesterday. He’d had nightmares before, but nothing like this. It feels so real.
“How much longer can we do this?” He hears Christian say. “Look at him. He’s not holding up very well.”
“ He’ll be fine,” the doctor mutters. Jesus Christ, what the hell is he doing?! Peter tries to keep his eyes closed, but his curiosity gets the better of him; he opens his eyes and wants to vomit. He’s looking down at his own heart; they’ve opened him up completely and he’s panicking, even though he knows this isn’t real. Wake up. Wake up.
“You don’t know that for sure. You heard what the Secretary said happened to William Bell. What if the same happens to him?”
“He’ll be fine.” Peter’s not paying any attention to their conversation. He can feel Shephard’s hands inside him and he’s freaking out. He tries to breathe, tries to stay calm, but Jesus.
“Can’t you sedate him?” a female voice he hasn’t heard before says. “He’s conscious. If I were him I’d be terrified.”
Shephard looks up, irritated. “I’m not paying you for your opinions, Austin,” he tells her. She glares but doesn’t say anything.
Peter tries to struggle, but can’t move at all. He closes his eyes, squeezes them tight, and opens them again. He’s still here. Olivia. Wake me up.
“Fuck,” he hears someone mutter, but that’s all he hears because then he feels it. He feels his chest ripped open, the white hot pain inside him, and he can’t cry out, and he can’t move.
“Shephard, stop!”
Yes Shephard, fucking stop. He can’t think properly. It’s like he’s trapped inside a corpse, he needs to move, he needs to get away, he needs to wake up. Why won’t he wake up? This can’t be a dream. He can’t breathe.
“Just one min-“
“Now, Shephard.” That voice again. He can’t focus on it and he can’t place it but he knows all it does is add to the terror coursing through him, and it hurts so much. If I’m not going to wake up, please just let me die.
He feels them in his chest again, but he can’t tell what they’re doing; all he knows is he’s trapped and he’s dying. He has to be. And if not, he wishes he were.
“You’re going back,” he hears Austin say to him. “I’m so sorry.”
Suddenly the pain stops and the lights are gone and he’s awake.
He can move. He looks down at himself; he’s drenched in sweat, and his chest is still sore, but he’s alive. He’s in the lab. There’s a sharp pain in his arm, and he watches as a tiny pinprick fades to nothing. He frowns. It was a dream, that’s not possible. It was a dream.
“Jesus Christ.” He looks up. Olivia’s frozen at the door of her office. “What the hell happened?” She’s coming over to him, and that’s when the headache comes.
He staggers back, and he feels her arms around him. “I’m okay,” he says, as she sits him down. He’s not okay. He can’t see straight.
“Your head?” she asks, and he nods. “You need to sleep.”
No. No. There is no way he’s sleeping. Never again. Not after that. He shakes his head and pulls off his shirt. She’s confused, but he doesn’t notice. There’s nothing on his chest, no marks, no indication of where he’s just been. He’s going insane.
“Peter, lay down,” she tells him softly, but he hears the fear in her voice. She thinks he’s gone mad, too.
“It wasn’t a dream, Livia,” he tells her, the pain in his head making his thoughts blurry. He can’t take anything for it, either, the medication makes him drowsy and he must not sleep.
She shakes her head. “What wasn’t a dream?” She sounds sympathetic. She doesn’t believe him.
“They had me. They cut me open. I-” he stops. “I know it sounds crazy,” he whispers, his eyes pleading with her for her to trust him.
“You’ve been taking God knows what, Peter, for your head. It was a dream. Go back to sleep. You’ll be okay. I promise.” She must have seen the lightening flash of fear in his eyes, because she added, “I’m gonna be right here.” She presses a hand gently on his forehead. “You’ve got a fever. Come through to my office. I have a sofa in there, you need to sleep.” He’s too tired to fight her. He follows her into her office and lies down on her sofa. “I won’t leave you,” she tells him, and somehow that eases him.
“Olivia,” he mutters, trying to cling to consciousness even though he knows he’s fighting a losing battle. “I’m sorry.”
“I know,” she whispers, and takes his hand. He knows he’s not forgiven, but he doesn’t care, because just as he drifts off, he knows he’s not going to dream.

It’s 11 pm and they’re still at the lab. “I don’t understand,” Olivia’s saying to Walter. She glances at Peter for a translation; he looks like shit. He’s staring at Walter’s hands with distant, tired eyes as they fiddle with some specimen or other and nodding now and then. He’s pale, and he looks close to passing out. He’d slept earlier, but not for long. He’d been having nightmares of what they’d done. They weren’t real like his other dreams, however. He could deal with these.
“You should go home,” Olivia says quietly. He doesn’t seem to take it in. “Peter!” He looks up, startled. “Go home,” she tells him.
He shakes his head. “You need me here,” he says. “I’m fine.” The pain in his head has been growing all evening, but they needed to catch this guy. He hadn’t really taken in what he’d done but he knew he was dangerous.
“Astrid, could you wait here with Walter, please? I’m gonna drop Peter off, then I’ll be back,” Olivia says.
“No problem.” Astrid looks up from the book she’s buried in and smiles sympathetically at Peter.
“I’m okay,” he tells Olivia. She just rolls her eyes, and hands him his jacket. He takes one step forward to take it and his legs give out. He’s on the floor, and the room is shaking, his whole body is on fire. He hears himself cry out just before all the air is snatched from his lungs, and he’s back, but not quite back. He’s there and he’s in the lab at the same time. He can’t, not again. He’s scared, and he tries to focus on Olivia, on Walter, on Astrid, on the fucking cow, anything so long as he doesn’t go back there. Then suddenly it stops. He’s still here.
“Walter,” Peter chokes out, desperately. “What’s happening to me?”
Walter’s pale, his eyes worryingly dark. “He’s trying to take you back.”

Peter’s lying down in Olivia’s office again, barely conscious. Olivia and Walter are talking urgently; he doesn’t think they realize he can hear them.
“How , Walter? How is he doing this?” he hears Olivia ask.
“When Peter was Over There… he must somehow have formed some kind of connection,” Walter’s muttering to himself.
“What does he want? What if he forces him to power the Weapon?” Olivia’s worried; he can hear her pacing around the room. When Walter doesn’t respond a small part of Peter wants to answer for him. Let me power it. It’d at least get rid of this damn headache.
It’s not like there’s anything here worth saving.
He smiles to himself as the images of this world being destroyed seep into his mind. All his pain, all of the people who betrayed him, all gone for good.
His eyes snap open.
He’s got inside his head. It has to be. It has to be him. He feels the foreign yet frighteningly familiar hatred inside him as he looks over at Walter and Olivia. This isn’t him.
This isn’t fair. He’s stolen his body, can’t that be enough? Why does he need his mind, as well? Although Peter knows perfectly well why Walternate needs Peter to hate this side.
It won’t work. He won’t let it work. He hasn’t hated Walter in years. Even when he found out what Walter had done, he’d never hated him. He was the closest thing to a father, this insane man he felt he’d only known for the last three years, that he’d ever had. And as much as Peter hated to admit it to himself – he needed him.
And Olivia… He’d find it so easy to hate her, this cop who’d taken him away from what he knew and forced him into these crazy new worlds, who’d lied to him when it mattered most and whose subtle selfishness could rival his own when she wanted it to, she’d be so easy to hate. But he couldn’t. He wanted to more than anything, because if he did, if he didn’t care, it wouldn’t hurt as badly as it did. But this… he wanted to feel this, because it meant he was feeling something, and he’d forced himself not to feel anything for so much of his life he’d almost forgotten what it was like.
So this time Walternate won’t win. This he can’t take.
“Son?” Walter’s noticed he’s awake, and moves over to him. “How’re you feeling?”
“Fantastic,” Peter grins sardonically.
“You look better,” he hears Olivia say from way over behind her desk. So she’s keeping her distance now she knows he’ll probably make it through the night. Because he’s such a monster. He’s not surprised the only people she manages to fall for are her partners. They’re the only people who can stand to be around her long enough.
He glances at Walter, frightened. He can’t tell him. He can’t tell Walter he’s going insane. But he doesn’t have anyone else.
“Do you know how to fix me?” he asks Walter, quietly.
He chuckles to himself. “You’re not broken, son,” he smiles. Oh how wrong he is. “They’re not going to take you again.” He must have caught Peter’s look of disbelief, because he continues, “And if they do, this time we’ll be ready.”
“I’m so full of confidence,” Peter mutters to himself. He turns to Olivia. “You know, I don’t think this is infectious.”
Walter looks over to her too. “Oh, no, Agent Dunham, I wouldn’t worry about catching anything.”
“What can I do, Peter?” she sighs.
Walter tilts his head to one side, and pats Peter’s cheek. “Try and sleep. He won’t try anything again for a while after last time,” Walter says quietly, and goes over to Olivia. Peter closes his eyes but remains conscious. “You know,” he hears Walter mutter to Olivia, “Peter’s scared. He won’t tell you, but he is. I can tell.”
“Which is why we need to do something as quickly as pos-“
“You need to forget what he’s done. Just for now. Be there for him. He needs you. He did it for you.”
“Walter, I-“
“Don’t interrupt me. What’s happening to him right now – I don’t know if I can stop it. Walternate is smarter than me. His brain is still whole. If he wants Peter I’m afraid I won’t be able to stop him. I’m going to lose him again.”
“We’re not going to let anything happen to him,” she tells him firmly. “He’s going to be okay, Walter.”
“He hasn’t been okay in a long time,” he says sadly. “He needs you. Not me.” He hears the door close quietly and he knows Walter’s gone. Olivia sighs. She’s on her own. Good. He opens his eyes.
“Olivia?” he murmurs. “Could you get me a glass of water or something?”
He almost thinks she’s going to refuse, but she says, “Sure,” and gets up. “I’ll be right back.” The door closes and he sits up. It’s on her desk. Ignoring the pain in his head, he grabs it, and just manages to get back onto her sofa before she comes back through.
She passes him the glass, and sits back down. She frowns. “Peter, have you seen my-“she freezes as Peter pulls out her gun, and points it at her.
He can feel his fingers wanting to pull the trigger, and he’s trying so hard to fight it, to drop the gun, to do anything but shoot her. Why the hell did he even pick it up anyway? What’s happening to him? “Dammit Olivia, stop me,” he growls, focussing on his hands, focussing on stopping them from killing her.
“What the hell are you doing?” she asks, moving towards him. “Give me the gun, Peter.”
“I can’t,” he says, his voice barely audible. “Get out. Please.” He’s not letting go. He needs to point it away from her. He’s going to pull the trigger any second. “Get out.”
“Just give me the gun,” she demands, slowly getting closer.
“I can’t.” He closes his eyes. He’s too weak. He can’t fight it. With his last ounce of strength he tries to point it anywhere, anywhere but her.
He pulls the trigger and hears the window a few centimetres to her left shatter.
“Dammit, Peter,” he feels her grab the gun and he hears her door open and Walter’s voice, but he doesn’t quite feel here. Shit. It’s happening again. He doesn’t have any strength left to fight it.
He wonders briefly how William Bell managed to endure this frequently as the pain begins, and he lies there, unable to stop himself being dragged across to the Other Side.

Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: That one I have yet to title but have been titling "That Dream One".

Post  monnie44 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm

SJLFJSLJLDJTLEJTEJTLJEFLKMLLLJ:FJ:EFJE:

OH MY GOD.

I LOVE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU.

Holy crap. Screw it, 1am writing or not (hey, that's when I always write too!) THIS WAS BRILLIANT.

More please.

Like right now, because I need it RIGHT NOW. Sad Tell me you have another chapter. I NEED MORE.

OMG PETER. Sad Also for someone who hates Olivia you do write her very in character. <3
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Oh, also, this was suitably terrifying.

What a horrific experience to have everything you go to sleep. Sad

They ARE actually taking parts of him, right? It's just that they're using those lasers or something to heal him? IDK. OR IS IT LIKE A PROJECTION?
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:49 pm

monnie44 wrote:SJLFJSLJLDJTLEJTEJTLJEFLKMLLLJ:FJ:EFJE:

OH MY GOD.

I LOVE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU.

Holy crap. Screw it, 1am writing or not (hey, that's when I always write too!) THIS WAS BRILLIANT.

More please.

Like right now, because I need it RIGHT NOW. Sad Tell me you have another chapter. I NEED MORE.

OMG PETER. Sad Also for someone who hates Olivia you do write her very in character. <3
THANK YOOOOU.
I LOVE YOU TOOOO XD
I don't like the way I've written it, I don't know xD But thank you. 1 AM WRITING FTW!
I have no other chapters and probably won't for ages now xD I APORRIDGIZE.
I always get paranoid I've written Olivia even more of a bitch than she actually is xD

monnie44 wrote:Oh, also, this was suitably terrifying.

What a horrific experience to have everything you go to sleep. Sad
He had nightmares as a kid, he'll be praying for those ones back :')

They ARE actually taking parts of him, right? It's just that they're using those lasers or something to heal him? IDK. OR IS IT LIKE A PROJECTION?
BWAHAAHHAHAHAHA SPOILERS. No, they're taking samples and stuff to carry out tests and whatnot, and they have advanced healing Over There ^_^
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:02 pm

I don't like the way I've written it, I don't know xD But thank you. 1 AM WRITING FTW!
Do you mean with the POV? Because I was actually thinking while I was reading this how jealous I am that you can get that down to pat and write it well. I stick to from one characters POV and am too scared to branch out. I thought you did it very well!

Dammit. I wanted more, you tease. Sad

Your Olivia came across as Olivia. She can be a right bitch sometimes and I don't even see any of that in this fic, so don't fret about that.

Yes, poor Peter will be scarred for life after this one ... if he makes it out alive. :\

BWAHAAHHAHAHAHA SPOILERS. No, they're taking samples and stuff to carry out tests and whatnot, and they have advanced healing Over There ^_^
LOL. FIC SPOILERS. xD afkajdfl That's awful. I am taking it Walternate is in there while it's happening. What kinda psychotic asshole .... Sad
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:59 am

monnie44 wrote:
Do you mean with the POV? Because I was actually thinking while I was reading this how jealous I am that you can get that down to pat and write it well. I stick to from one characters POV and am too scared to branch out. I thought you did it very well!
No, not the POV, but thanks Smile I don't know, it feels kind of rushed and messy.

Dammit. I wanted more, you tease. Sad
I'll tell you the rest right now. A unicorn comes in, stabs Olivia, and lets Peter ride on its back as it glides across a rainbow to safety ^_^

Your Olivia came across as Olivia. She can be a right bitch sometimes and I don't even see any of that in this fic, so don't fret about that.
Thanks Smile I know in others that I've turned her into an even bigger bitch than she is on the show, though :')

Yes, poor Peter will be scarred for life after this one ... if he makes it out alive. :\
Well, it is me writing this, so his chances of survival are very small :')

LOL. FIC SPOILERS. xD afkajdfl That's awful. I am taking it Walternate is in there while it's happening. What kinda psychotic asshole .... Sad

FIC SPOILERS ARE EVEN MORE SPOILERY THAN EPISODES SPOILERS. Yeah, Walternate is there. When they're done taking samples Walternate wants to have Peter all to himself. AND HE WILL NOT BE ACTING FATHERLY. >: D
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:42 pm

This was amazing! It would make a fucking brilliant episode, ergh! Go write for Fringe!

And also keep writing here. You can't dangle something like that, sorry.
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 am

No, not the POV, but thanks Smile I don't know, it feels kind of rushed and messy.
I loved it. Sad

A unicorn comes in, stabs Olivia, and lets Peter ride on its back as it glides across a rainbow to safety ^_^
Oh, well that's good to know!

FIC SPOILERS ARE EVEN MORE SPOILERY THAN EPISODES SPOILERS. Yeah, Walternate is there. When they're done taking samples Walternate wants to have Peter all to himself. AND HE WILL NOT BE ACTING FATHERLY. >: D
D: Oh man. You have to continue this, okay? Like, asap. I need to read more!!!

And please don't kill again. You wound me.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down