Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reciprocity

+2
Danielle
smatchiemo
6 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Reciprocity - Page 5 Empty Re: Reciprocity

Post  monnie44 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Random smuck: "The last two episodes have been major disappointments. I think Olivia has had like 5 lines between the last 2 hours of Fringe."

Lol wut. Um ... and I'm basking in it!

On top of this, the biggest Peter-bashing douchebag ever is still ranting on Fringe-Forum. Calling Peter the equivalent of a pedophile... WTF!? Why the Hell do I have to worry about being banned if I accidentally post something spoilery, but he can troll away?

I've reported him twice. I'm not answering his comments though, he's obviously a troll. And yes, it's clearly a guy. Wink Happy others replied on Peter's behalf though, but it was obvious from his second post nothing would penetrate.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 pm

I feel so alone sometimes because I like every single character in this show. Some way more than others, but all hold an appeal to me. I don't see the value of hating on (not critiquing as this joker says) characters.

And Peter is my baby. Don't fuck with him Wink

I like Peter partly b/c I can identify with him. We're both GenXr's that grew up in a time when parents were consumed by work. I had an interesting family situation and was lied to as well. I was in Talented and Gifted class from third grade-high school. I know how hard it is to find a place in the world when you're an intelligent social misfit. I had a lover royally deceive me. I gotta love the man because I GET him.
collectivesoul
collectivesoul

http://fringeofohio.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 am

I like Peter partly b/c I can identify with him. We're both GenXr's that grew up in a time when parents were consumed by work. I had an interesting family situation and was lied to as well. I was in Talented and Gifted class from third grade-high school. I know how hard it is to find a place in the world when you're an intelligent social misfit. I had a lover royally deceive me. I gotta love the man because I GET him.

I'm still trying to figure out why I love Peter so much. I have a thing for the underdog, that's for sure. I think it's because he is extremely good with wearing masks around people and hiding what he really feels, and I think we have this in common. I don't know, I find him easy to read because I understand that there's this gigantic, hurting, deeply wounded complexity to his character that he doesn't let show on the surface because he hides behind snark and a fake smile. He's so deeply interesting to me, I feel like I could explore him forever and never find out everything about him. Characters who wear their emotions of their sleeve (sorry Walter, and Olivia as well - she doesn't talk about it, but it's always obvious when she's upset), I just can't help but not find as compelling. Don't get me wrong, I love them - Walter in particular - there's just something about Peter that utterly and completely sucks me in. You never quite know what he will do, and where he will go, and I just need to see someone finally break through the shell he's spent almost all of his life building up around him, and letting him know it's okay.

Plus, he's hot.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 am

What the fuck? Pedophile?! Where is he getting that from? Even if he is a troll I so want to go over to the Fringe forum, cause I really want an argument xD

That's why I love him too, cause I identify with him. That's why I get so annoyed when people are hating on him and when the writers seem like they're forgetting him. He's the TV show character I can identify the most with and he's just being taken over by other characters which I either just feel less strongly about or dislike.

Something that's really annoying me about Fringe is the fact that we still barely know anything about Astrid.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 am

It was obviously a troll. Unfortunately, it ruined the coversation we WERE having in that thread, since everyone loudly bailed.

Something that's really annoying me about Fringe is the fact that we still barely know anything about Astrid.

Good point! I think she should catch Peter in the act (......okay I was referring to killing Shapeshifters, but you interpret that however you want) and she hauls him over to her house to forcefeed pies down his throat and make him watch a sad chick flick with her on tv until he breaks down in tears and she hugs him and they bond.

THIS IS A WONDERFUL SOLUTION.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 am

monnie44 wrote:It was obviously a troll. Unfortunately, it ruined the coversation we WERE having in that thread, since everyone loudly bailed.

Good point! I think she should catch Peter in the act (......okay I was referring to killing Shapeshifters, but you interpret that however you want) and she hauls him over to her house to forcefeed pies down his throat and make him watch a sad chick flick with her on tv until he breaks down in tears and she hugs him and they bond.

THIS IS A WONDERFUL SOLUTION.

I'll add all of your reasons for loving Peter to my list Very Happy and maybe some Astrid/ Peter snuggle time would be good. This I can accept, haha.

Yeah, the guy whines that we were the close-minded, Peter-stroking love-fest hurting his little opinion and feelings. what does he expect by coming onto a forum and some of his first posts were outright and totally dogging a beloved character? Not exactly endearing. This dude would suck as a diplomat... And if he cared to notice, many of the supporters listed Olivia as their favorite character. What a jerk-face

I try to be kind and encouraging to new folks. But he went out of his way to goad people on. Troll.
collectivesoul
collectivesoul

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah, the guy whines that we were the close-minded, Peter-stroking love-fest hurting his little opinion and feelings. what does he expect by coming onto a forum and some of his first posts were outright and totally dogging a beloved character? Not exactly enduring. This dude would suck as a diplomat... And if he cared to notice, many of the supporters listed Olivia as their favorite character. What a jerk-face

I'm fairly certain he has actual, psychological problems. To be completely honest, I read the first paragraph of his first long ranting post and didn't even bother to read anything else. He is delusional ....
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:47 am

Should I even go looking for his post or will I just end up in a rage? -.-
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 am

monnie44 wrote: I think she should catch Peter in the act
Yeah, my first thought was masturbation.

But YES. I WANT PASTRID, DAMMIT. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE ROMANTIC, SHE CAN BE LIKE HIS SISTER IF SHE'S NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM. SHE COULD MAKE HIM FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.

I don't know whether to read that guy's post 0_0
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Maybe we shouldn't :/

We are explosive when it comes to people insulting Peter -.-
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

I can control neither my actions nor my words.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Exactly.

I hold a grudge against them forever afterwards, I insult them and their opinion on everything and I won't leave the thread until they hate me as much as I hate them.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Quite right, too. It's not a matter of opinions, it's a matter of their opinions being myopic and frankly wrong xD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:27 pm

PREACH.

Was this person's rant on the Peter Bishop section? If so, they had it coming to them. Don't insult Peter on the "we love him" section.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Why go to a section for Peter Bishop to slag him off? Wtf? It's like coming here if you hate him.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm

ROFL If someone ever came here to insult him, they wouldn't leave alive.

This is why I treat this like a secret society xD People need to earn their way in by being loyal to him and not insulting him :')
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm

I would find out where they lived. We have recruits in America, we'll set Lauren on them if they're in Canada, we can cover the UK and if they're anywhere else - we'll find someone xD

We're so elitist xD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Nah, it was a topic discussing Peter's "sudden changes" and "weaponization." It degraded into a Peter-bashing. The topic is now back on track.

I'm always defending Peter. I sometimes wonder why everything I REALLY like is so hated on by most others. But I know the answer...

collectivesoul
collectivesoul

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Well, this may sound bitchy, but if it ever starts again tell me xD I've had a defensive rant in a while and I always feel good after one of them xD

I love the changes. We're long overdue some heavy Peter stuff, would it really kill people to let Olivia sit on the backburner for a while after 9 straight episodes of all her?
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm sure they'd survive. I've got a really good feeling suddenly about the rest of the season. I think they're planning Peter torture *prays I've suddenly acquired precognition*.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm

I sometimes wonder why everything I REALLY like is so hated on by most others. But I know the answer...

Average human IQ is 100.

I'm sure they'd survive. I've got a really good feeling suddenly about the rest of the season. I think they're planning Peter torture *prays I've suddenly acquired precognition*.

Love, if it doesn't go down this route now I am going to hold you entirely to blame. I hope your feeling is right!

Also, what the hell is with these people adamently arguing that Peter was acting entirely due to the influence of the machine?
Like, they keep justifying it in my arguments against them by saying "WELL WALTER SAID IT!!!11".
Um ... yes, and in the same freaking episode Nina (OBJECTIVE Nina) says that Peter's has been under a lot of stress, that she's worried about his state of mind because of it, and that he should get professional help for it. But noooooo, Walter has never been wrong! Peter has no justifiable reason to go off his rocker right now! Not at all! It must all be to do with a machine that is only activating him - conveniently - now, despite Peter having come in contact with it two times before and not ended up killing people!

I swear to god, if this is the path the writers take I will SHOOT A BITCH.

That said, IT ISN'T.

Really, if I have so grossly misinterpreted this scene, I shall lose faith in myself FOREVER MORE.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 am

I think it could be both. I mean the machine can create and destroy, right? So really, it's down to Peter whether he's going to create or destroy. And he's choosing destruction right now because he's been in denial for about twenty five years and he's finally found a way to deal with the crap the multiverse has thrown at him.
Lucky for his, his way to cope is by murder Very Happy
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 am

I think it's both of them, too.
Peter's always been capable of some pretty dark and lethal things, it's just that they're only choosing to show that now the machine's come into the equation. People seem to just assume that the machine is entirely responsible for his behaviour :/
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I think they've forgotten Peter's past. He got over it too quickly and he seemed to just snap into being part of the Fringe Division if you weren't paying attention.
I remember when it first started, every single episode right up til about Bound, I was panicking he'd just take off and he'd miss the next six or so episodes xD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

He's been so restrained, I want people to accept that he's always been dangerous but he's just kept it hidden. He didn't snap at Walter at the end of TMFTOS but you could see how livid he was, he looked right then like he could slaughter half a dozen people. He even kept himself held together during NWP, he just let a little bit show when he beat the crap out of that guy in the house. He just didn't look like he would stop until he realized what he'd done.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum