Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Os

4 posters

Go down

Os                              Empty Os

Post  smatchiemo Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 am

So... anyone watch it? I didn't.
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Os                              Empty Re: Os

Post  smatchiemo Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Alright, watched it. I've decided that I know why Fringe has been terrible lately:

1 - Olivia
She's bringing the show down by being completely uninteresting. She had a cool tortured back-story with the John Scott business, and stuff with Charlie was cool, but now she's just annoying. And speaking of annoying...
2 - The Relationship
Makes me want to stab out my eyes.
3 - Anna Torv
I'm sure she's a great actress, but I'm just sick of it. The whole William Bell bullshit is going to suck next week, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Maybe instead of giving her endless amounts of crap to do, the writers try giving Peter and interesting story-line? Or give him one and let it follow-through for once?
4 - Vancouver
Things haven't been the same since the move. The atmosphere is different, and I don't like it. I think it would help the show a lot if they got to go back to NY, which will never happen, and sucks.
5 - Fucking Ridiculousness
"Soul Magnets". WTF, writers. That is the stupidest garbage idea I've heard in a damn long time. Ignoring for a second the fact that it sounds retarded and it's just an excuse to bring back Belly and give Anna Torv more to do, the very idea of a "Soul Magnet" would fundamentally change everything about the world as we know it. If it worked, it would validate the nonsense idea behind "souls". For a scientist, it would change fucking everything. You would basically be saying that a person's consciousness leaves their body and floats around for all eternity. That would be a huge discovery. It would also open the door even wider on the Heaven/Hell/God argument, and if the show starts to go down that path (like Lost did), then I'm out.
6 - Continuity?
What's that? Oh there is none? Cool. Wait, not even within singular characters, like Peter? No? Alright, I guess. That's too bad.
7 - Dismissive-ness
Season 1 was fucking exciting beyond belief. They raised so many questions, so many potential amazing reveals, and they've done nothing with it. Nothing. This episode was about fucking moon boots and Peter and Olivia holding hands. Kill me.

Sorry for getting so off-topic but this show is driving me insane. I didn't even bother watching it last night! And I was home! And bored!
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:57 pm

The whole William Bell bullshit is going to suck next week, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Maybe instead of giving her endless amounts of crap to do, the writers try giving Peter and interesting story-line? Or give him one and let it follow-through for once?
I'm a teeny bit more positive towards next weeks episode, just because I think, judging from the previews, that Peter might have a nice time solving a case on his own and hanging out with *gasp* a male "PARTNER-CRUSH" of his own! Smile So I'll be tuning in for the Peter/Lincoln, and Peter actually being given a chance to solve his own case for once.

"Soul Magnets". WTF, writers. That is the stupidest garbage idea I've heard in a damn long time. Ignoring for a second the fact that it sounds retarded and it's just an excuse to bring back Belly and give Anna Torv more to do, the very idea of a "Soul Magnet" would fundamentally change everything about the world as we know it. If it worked, it would validate the nonsense idea behind "souls". For a scientist, it would change fucking everything. You would basically be saying that a person's consciousness leaves their body and floats around for all eternity. That would be a huge discovery. It would also open the door even wider on the Heaven/Hell/God argument, and if the show starts to go down that path (like Lost did), then I'm out.
Now that you've brought this up - good point. They have been going way overboard with cases relating to our characters personal lives this season as well. Wtf. Have we had ONE case recently that didn't directly parallel on of our characters (and by one of our characters, I almost exclusively mean Olivia)?

Season 1 was fucking exciting beyond belief. They raised so many questions, so many potential amazing reveals, and they've done nothing with it.
I think they stuffed up at the end of last season, to be honest. It was a mistake beyond mistakes to have Peter go over there and then immediately switch focus to another Olivia plot. Also, I know their intentions were good, but I just feel like the showing us both universes thing they did wrecked the mystery of the show. I don't need to know about both sides of the war, making the audience conflicted to who they support (even though I still think they have done a crap job at this) isn't the way to get them biting their fingernails in apprehension when our side seems to be losing. IDK.
Another thing - they've brought too many characters in. I miss when this show was just about Peter, Walter and Olivia, Astrid and Broyles. We have over DOUBLED this number in the past season alone.

Mrr. No wonder this shows viewers are going down week by week.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:12 am

smatchiemo wrote:Alright, watched it. I've decided that I know why Fringe has been terrible lately:

1 - Olivia
She's bringing the show down by being completely uninteresting. She had a cool tortured back-story with the John Scott business, and stuff with Charlie was cool, but now she's just annoying. And speaking of annoying...
I agree. All she does is complain. She's not a strong character anymore. She's upset far too easily and it's so annoying. She's really obviously upset, she pretends to hide it, until someone asks what's wrong and she'll launch into a story about how bad her life is. She has become a 12 year old girl. What is even more irritating is how in season one, she was strong, and yet now Peter is being quiet about the crap he's going through and he's a douche? What?

2 - The Relationship
Makes me want to stab out my eyes.
I agree again. There was far too much of it this episode IMO. It's sickening. I don't like it at all.

3 - Anna Torv
I'm sure she's a great actress, but I'm just sick of it. The whole William Bell bullshit is going to suck next week, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Maybe instead of giving her endless amounts of crap to do, the writers try giving Peter and interesting story-line? Or give him one and let it follow-through for once?
Next week we get an hour of her speaking in a ridiculously hilarious voice. I'm not sure how quickly it's going to get annoying, but I can listen to the audio of her so many times and still find it hysterical xD I agree with Monnie, too, Peter might get to solve his own case which will be a nice change.

4 - Vancouver
Things haven't been the same since the move. The atmosphere is different, and I don't like it. I think it would help the show a lot if they got to go back to NY, which will never happen, and sucks.
I haven't really noticed the difference. I suppose it's because I'm in a quiet area of England so I wouldn't. But I get how it'd be annoying if you knew :/

5 - Fucking Ridiculousness
THIS. What the hell Fringe?! I mean the science behind Earthling and Unearthed seemed to imply the presence of souls and I was just like... THIS IS NOT LOST. THIS IS A SHOW ABOUT SCIENCE. Soul magnets?! I can't even. It has had some pretty ridiculous science in it before but bar the two episodes I just mentioned, it's always seemed to be believable.
The science behind this episode sucked, too. "It somehow happened". Yeah, well done.

6 - Continuity?
What's that? Oh there is none? Cool. Wait, not even within singular characters, like Peter? No? Alright, I guess. That's too bad.
A lot of characters seem to be ridiculously ooc this season :/

7 - Dismissive-ness
Season 1 was fucking exciting beyond belief. They raised so many questions, so many potential amazing reveals, and they've done nothing with it. Nothing. This episode was about fucking moon boots and Peter and Olivia holding hands. Kill me.
I know what you mean. They had so much mystery and it was so unpredictable, but now it's just like "yeah, saw that coming month ago." They're too involved with the romance. They've forgotten how to be sci-fi.

Also, Monnie, I agree with your point about showing both sides. It was the mystery of what is attacking us that kept us so intrigued. But now we know they have no clue either? WOW. I'M SO TERRIFIED.
All we need now is a spin off show about a ZFT cult.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 am

I agree. All she does is complain. She's not a strong character anymore. She's upset far too easily and it's so annoying. She's really obviously upset, she pretends to hide it, until someone asks what's wrong and she'll launch into a story about how bad her life is. She has become a 12 year old girl. What is even more irritating is how in season one, she was strong, and yet now Peter is being quiet about the crap he's going through and he's a douche? What?
People don't seem to understand Peter's character. He doesn't express things in the same way Olivia does - and she's REALLY obvious, I wish people would stop saying she's good at hiding her feelings because she really isn't. With Peter there's two things - the face he allows you to see, and what's really going on. Quite a big distinction. He can walk around with a smile on his face no problem, doesn't mean he's happy in any way. But I think most people seem to think Peter only exists on the first level and this is where they've got him terribly wrong. I flat out ignore his reactions most of the time because Peter's real feelings spend most of their time buried until he's caught offguard staring off in space during the middle of a case, etc. He just pretends until he explodes, which was what he was doing all the way up to Reciprocity. Just because he reacts quietly and internally doesn't make him a douche, jfc.

THIS. What the hell Fringe?! I mean the science behind Earthling and Unearthed seemed to imply the presence of souls and I was just like... THIS IS NOT LOST. THIS IS A SHOW ABOUT SCIENCE. Soul magnets?! I can't even. It has had some pretty ridiculous science in it before but bar the two episodes I just mentioned, it's always seemed to be believable.
The science behind this episode sucked, too. "It somehow happened". Yeah, well done.
THEY JUST REALLY WANTED TO BRING BELL BACK THROUGH ANNA TORV'S BODY, OKAY????

Also, Monnie, I agree with your point about showing both sides. It was the mystery of what is attacking us that kept us so intrigued. But now we know they have no clue either? WOW. I'M SO TERRIFIED.
All we need now is a spin off show about a ZFT cult.
Ugh. Give us something to be scared about, Fringe! I liked this show because it: freaked me out (via horror scenes), creeped me out (via the mystery), made me laugh (via Peter and Walter), made me cry/smile (via Peter/Walter's relationship) and made me hot (take a guess). Now? Well, I haven't been creeped out by the horror since 3.09, the mystery is gone, Walter and Peter's relationship is completely disjointed and they don't even seem to be communicating at the moment, and well ... Peter' still hot but he's hardly ever on screen, and they've gone and added this stupid angsty love plot that never needed to happen to the mix. D: This ain't Fringe.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:52 am

I just loved him being a BAMF and throwing himself off the ledge and onto the guy. That's all I even remember from the episode xD
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum