Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We clearly don't watch the same show.

2 posters

Go down

We clearly don't watch the same show. Empty We clearly don't watch the same show.

Post  Larissa Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:13 pm

so i figure, if Peter is allowed to spiral out of control, then why not Olivia? Here is a story i hope isn't too OOC about her and her own path of destruction.

I'm sorry...when exactly did Peter spiral out of control? I'm pretty sure I'd have caught that, I've been waiting for it for years!
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

We clearly don't watch the same show. Empty Re: We clearly don't watch the same show.

Post  Danielle Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 pm

LMFAO.
Did you miss that episode where he did that drunken raid on the bank, got shot at but caught the bullets with his teeth, raped the police officers and set the building on fire? Their point is completely valid because it's definitely in character for Olivia to spiral out of control because of her complete faggotry and her absolutely awful life.

Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

We clearly don't watch the same show. Empty Re: We clearly don't watch the same show.

Post  Larissa Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 pm

DANG IT! I must've done :/

But seriously. Peter ran because that's his instinct. Flight mode. That's not a downward spiral, if it was, he'd have hit rock bottom at some point and had a complete and utter breakdown/become a total mess. But he didn't. He held himself together because he's the strong one. He's the only one who, despite the fact that used to make a living from lying to people, hasn't lied and kept secrets from either Walter or Olivia because he cares about them. They might have thought they were protecting him when they broke his heart, but Peter went about it the right way. By telling Olivia, he was protecting her. She didn't have to find out months down the line and the realize everyone had lied to her and she was the last to know. He was honest and open, no one should ask for any more from him, just with that he's already proven he's a better human being than her.

That went completely off-topic but whatever. He's not had a fucking downward spiral - he desrves to have one though for all of his shit he's had to put with for two and a half years.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Larissa wrote:

But seriously. Peter ran because that's his instinct. Flight mode. That's not a downward spiral, if it was, he'd have hit rock bottom at some point and had a complete and utter breakdown/become a total mess. But he didn't. He held himself together because he's the strong one. He's the only one who, despite the fact that used to make a living from lying to people, hasn't lied and kept secrets from either Walter or Olivia because he cares about them. They might have thought they were protecting him when they broke his heart, but Peter went about it the right way. By telling Olivia, he was protecting her. She didn't have to find out months down the line and the realize everyone had lied to her and she was the last to know. He was honest and open, no one should ask for any more from him, just with that he's already proven he's a better human being than her.

That went completely off-topic but whatever. He's not had a fucking downward spiral - he desrves to have one though for all of his shit he's had to put with for two and a half years.

I want to quote this and post it everywhere on the internet.
Can you imagine what the fans would be like if Peter hadn't told Olivia and he got everyone to lie to her for months until she found out herself? They'd have to kill him off or something because the fans would be complaining so much.
He was genuinely tricked and he's trying to do all he can to make up for something he's largely blameless for. YOU CAN'T BE GUILTY OF AN OMISSION. IT'S THE LAW.
No, but seriously, he didn't know and he tried so hard to make her happy. Everything he did for Altlivia has been forgotten because he should have known. Whatever. Everyone else should have known. If anything, they should have been able to tell more than him, because they weren't in love. I mean he forgave Olivia and even just being with her he was happy despite all he's done - yet he's a monster because he couldn't tell and she's the poor innocent victim? I don't think so.

He needs to have a downwards spiral because if he doesn't and the writers keep ignoring his problems without showing the negative effects it can actually have on a human being keeping stuff like that inside then I'm going to start questioning if these writers are as clever as I thought they were and I'm already wondering if they're just in it to try and get more viewers now by showing a pretty girl in a sci fi show.

Know what I read today?
I’d say Fox is hoping to entice newbies by positioning the cult fave as a sophisticated sci-fi Twilight.
And the worst thing is, they're right. All you ever see is this pathetic, blameless, hurt, haunted girl who keeps getting her heart broken by a guy who's going to destroy a universe. BUT THEY ARE SO IN LOVE.
Honestly, their relationship is about as easy to sympathize with and as believable as Stephenie Meyer's crap sometimes.
AND I EVEN FEEL BAD ABOUT SAYING THAT. But IDC. The new promos annoyed me.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Danielle wrote:I want to quote this and post it everywhere on the internet.
Can you imagine what the fans would be like if Peter hadn't told Olivia and he got everyone to lie to her for months until she found out herself? They'd have to kill him off or something because the fans would be complaining so much.
This brings me back to something I said straight after Marionette aired. Someone had said "why doesn't he comfort her?" in the end scene, I shared my view and people agreed. Except, less than a week later, they were tagging their posts with "SAY SOMETHING BITCH" about him. This is why some fans make Fringe so hard to watch. They make being a fan difficult when it shouldn't be.

I said that Peter feels guilty. To him, he's ruined a lot of people's lives and now he's adding Olivia to the list. The problem is, he thought he was doing the opposite. Now it's all happened and he can't take it back he's doing the one thing he can do for her: he's being honest. No, he didn't comfort her, he didn't tell her "it'll all be okay" because frankly, it won't be. That would be a lie, too. Peter sat there in silence, he let her talk because he sees that as his punishment. If he thinks there's no chance he'll ever get her back and if he feels so filthy and traitorous, he would gladly take insults and abuse because he feels like he deserves it. Plus, if he had said anything to Olivia, would it have helped? Could he have said anything true that would have made her feel better? He let her talk about her problems, get them off her chest. I honestly don't see why people think his silence was wrong, it's the best thing he could have done. He's not desperate, he won't beg. He'll still be there as a shoulder when she needs to rage, even if it's aimed at him, because that's what friends do. At the end of the day, if these events cause Olivia to lose her feelings for Peter, he'll still have his. He'll always care and want to be there, it's going to hurt him a lot more for a longer time.

Everyone else should have known. If anything, they should have been able to tell more than him, because they weren't in love.
Everyone else should have known, I agree. He accepted a lot of the differences when she was around him because of their change in relationship, no one else can say that. If she says "he knows her best", does he really? she doesn't share anything. AltLiv, who is trained to lie, had thought-out excuses for slip-ups and she'd researched them. And was she actually fucking serious? Peter was supposed to look into AltLiv's eyes and know it wasn't her? Sorry Barrett, but your little girlfriend had been dead for a long time then had just had parts of her eyes removed and put back, OF COURSE THEY WON'T FUCKING LOOK THE SAME.

I'm already wondering if they're just in it to try and get more viewers now by showing a pretty girl in a sci fi show.
This is what I mean. I'm not sexist, I'm really not, but this is why I'm getting so sick of a lot of TV shows nowadays. They're becoming entirely about the female leads and it just pisses me off.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum