Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject 13

+2
Larissa
smatchiemo
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Subject 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Subject 13

Post  monnie44 Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Fuck.

This is already driving me nuts.

I wanna cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Sad
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:06 pm

LOL We're just theorizing based on the promos for Subject 13, there's nothing big being spoiled :')
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

monnie44 wrote:
Yes! And maybe he's too weak to get out of bed? OR OR OR he's in the lab and he collapses on the floor and he's sorta half conscious and Walter's holding up his head trying to get him to respond to them, because his eyes are open but all glazed, but Peter's just totally limp and pale and sweaty and out of it and sorta staring around the room and he's having a series of these weird flashes. And then they sorta begin to turn into snippets of scenes and we can hear audio over the scene and then they begin to extend and we white out into a proper flashback. And the end of the flashback/end of the episode is people going "Peter ... Peter ..." and he sorta whites out of the flashback scene and he blinks a couple times and Walter's all "are you with us?" and he's lying on a stretcher or a hospital bed and he's all slurring "................ I had the weirdest dream .......I don't feel well .............." AND I DIE OUT OF LOVE AND PETER WHUMP.
THERE. EPISODE WRITTEN.
EXCEPT IT CAN'T WORK BECAUSE PETER ISN'T IN THE WALTER/ELIZABETH SCENES BUT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. THIS WOULD BE BETTER.

Have you ever seen the X-Files episode Demons? It's basically this; Mulder tried to get his memories of his sister back (ugh) by going to this experimental brain doctor. He would have mini-seizures/migraines where he would get a shooting pain in his head, buckle over, and have the flashback. He'd wake up on the ground and Scully would be all, "Mulder blah blah blah!".
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 pm

smatchiemo wrote:Have you ever seen the X-Files episode Demons? It's basically this; Mulder tried to get his memories of his sister back (ugh) by going to this experimental brain doctor. He would have mini-seizures/migraines where he would get a shooting pain in his head, buckle over, and have the flashback. He'd wake up on the ground and Scully would be all, "Mulder blah blah blah!".

I've never seen X-Files, no. BUT THAT'S COOL OF THEM. SEE? THE IDEA COULD TOTALLY WORK.

DO IT, FRINGE.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:20 am

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS.

I AM DYING.

Day two: NO SPOILERS RESOLVE.
I am like, so, so, so desperate right now. I NEED TO CLICK. I KNOW there's a new article out. I KNOW there's something new on Youtube about it.

SFLJSDFLJLSJGLSKJGljgljsldgjljgsl
*weeps*

Omg I hope this is worth it. Sad Sad

...... Is it going to be worth it, oh spoiled ones?
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 am

I hope it will be worth it :')

I haven't seen any new video floating around though.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 pm

I haven't seen a new video either.

Spoiler:
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 am

I just saw a sneak peek on youtube that was apparently realeased last week O_O
I'm guessing no one posted it where I hang around because it has nothing to do with Olivia -.-

Spoiler:
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 am

Just read this spoiler about tonight:

"The great news is that tonight’s follow-up episode, “Subject 13″ (which references the test subject number assigned to young Olivia)..."

UGH. WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT OLIVIA?!

smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 am

Um not cool, I just automatically assumed Peter was subject 13 because he was awesome.

Sad

Not looking forward to this episode that much, which is sadddddddddd because it has suicidal Peter and yet I cannot trust the show anymore to make me happy. When did this happen, Fringe? How did we get here?
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 pm

monnie44 wrote:Um not cool, I just automatically assumed Peter was subject 13 because he was awesome.

Sad

Not looking forward to this episode that much, which is sadddddddddd because it has suicidal Peter and yet I cannot trust the show anymore to make me happy. When did this happen, Fringe? How did we get here?

I know. It's depressing. I want to go back to the season 1 days.

Sorry for posting a semi-spoiler, but I figured it wasn't the kind that would ruin it for you. Sad
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 pm

smatchiemo wrote:I know. It's depressing. I want to go back to the season 1 days.

Sorry for posting a semi-spoiler, but I figured it wasn't the kind that would ruin it for you. Sad

Or second half of season two. I wish this season had been filled with episodes like The Firefly and Reciprocity instead. I can't imagine how awesome this show must be to someone who prefers Olivia.

Hee, I gave up on that initiative yesterday. xD
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 pm

monnie44 wrote:
Or second half of season two. I wish this season had been filled with episodes like The Firefly and Reciprocity instead. I can't imagine how awesome this show must be to someone who prefers Olivia.

Hee, I gave up on that initiative yesterday. xD

What I don't understand, is that Fringe is a show that should never have filler episodes. Their mythology is so thick and rich that we should never have to endure episodes that aren't as important as other ones, or ones that can be skipped. For every 'Earthling' they could've been delving into Peter's past, or for every 'Unearthed' they could've wrapped up some of the John Scott crap. Like... there are no excuses, other than the ridiculous desire to not alienate 'new viewers'. Fringe is not a show for casual viewers. Lost wasn't either, and that was a huge hit.

Argh.
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:45 pm

smatchiemo wrote:What I don't understand, is that Fringe is a show that should never have filler episodes. Their mythology is so thick and rich that we should never have to endure episodes that aren't as important as other ones, or ones that can be skipped. For every 'Earthling' they could've been delving into Peter's past, or for every 'Unearthed' they could've wrapped up some of the John Scott crap. Like... there are no excuses, other than the ridiculous desire to not alienate 'new viewers'. Fringe is not a show for casual viewers. Lost wasn't either, and that was a huge hit.

Argh.

And this is even worse now that the show is on Fridays and they don't even have this excuse anymore. asdfjaldk. The fanbase is now a cult fanbase and there is no point giving us filler, it'll only piss off the tiny audience they have left. They really don't get it.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Oh, by the way ... since no one else has posted an episode response in this thread (wonder WHY):

Boring.

Sorry there, little Peter. You were gorgeous and adorable and scary and I loved seeing you, but this was definitely an episode I could have easily gone without. Except for that initial scene. Which then was never mentioned again. Like "hey, Walter, remember earlier in the episode where our son tried to kill himself?"

Also do not buy Peter's 'giving in' at the end of the episode. There was hesitation before the "mum", and I am very sad because that little boy not only grew up with people lying to him all around him, but forced to lie to himself. And they wonder why he's fucked up. Also, knowing this, screw you Walter Bishop for that episode in season one when you told Peter off because he "had so much potential" and never applied himself to anything. Fuck you, Walter. You ruined his life and then ask the CHILD why he couldn't cope in the world?

Another annoying point: THE CHARACTERS DONT EVEN REMEMBER THIS. So tell me again Fringe, why do I care? Peter doesn't know. Olivia doesn't know. This means nothing to the characters. The useful information could have been given to us in a half episode flashback that altered with real time. Because, quite frankly, in the past four episode we've only had freaking TWO with OUR CHARACTERS. Oh and two of those had no Joshua Jackson. WHAT IS THIS.

I'm pretty sure I have a million more things I could rant about this episode but blah.

I haven't enjoyed watching this show for four episodes now. How much longer do I need to sit through this and wait? Til the end of the season? Or should I just tune out in two weeks or something? Because this is a waste of my time and energy for a show that I used to adore. Sad
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:01 am

I was at a friend's house tonight and missed the episodes. Monnie's review makes me not want to watch it at all. A lot of other reviews I've read are confused as to why they're doing so many episodes without the fucking main cast. Ugh.

And I watched the preview to Os and it looks like filler. I'm genuinely losing interest in my favorite show.
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:29 am

smatchiemo wrote:I was at a friend's house tonight and missed the episodes. Monnie's review makes me not want to watch it at all. A lot of other reviews I've read are confused as to why they're doing so many episodes without the fucking main cast. Ugh.

And I watched the preview to Os and it looks like filler. I'm genuinely losing interest in my favorite show.

Yes, I am extremely confused as to why the past four episodes have only had our team in them TWICE (flashback ... doesn't count.). It's not a good decision, and especially not so close together. ESPECIALLY since there is kinda this gigantic, humongous plot called the Machine that is hovering above everyone's heads? I mean, really? They chose this time out of everything to not give us PETER?

I agree about losing interest. I don't even care about what I've learned from this episode, apart from maybe that Peter was extremely fucked up as a kid and tried to commit suicide, but that wasn't even mentioned after the initial. This episode was pointless. Next weeks looks ... stupid. I thought the POINT of being excited about Friday nights was because they had a plan to cut the filler crap and give us pure arc advancement? Apparently not. I am very disappointed.

There is only one way to make up for this, Fringe. Give me sick Peter. Immediately.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:46 am

monnie44 wrote:

Yes, I am extremely confused as to why the past four episodes have only had our team in them TWICE (flashback ... doesn't count.). It's not a good decision, and especially not so close together. ESPECIALLY since there is kinda this gigantic, humongous plot called the Machine that is hovering above everyone's heads? I mean, really? They chose this time out of everything to not give us PETER?

I agree about losing interest. I don't even care about what I've learned from this episode, apart from maybe that Peter was extremely fucked up as a kid and tried to commit suicide, but that wasn't even mentioned after the initial. This episode was pointless. Next weeks looks ... stupid. I thought the POINT of being excited about Friday nights was because they had a plan to cut the filler crap and give us pure arc advancement? Apparently not. I am very disappointed.

There is only one way to make up for this, Fringe. Give me sick Peter. Immediately.

If they're worried about ratings, they should spend more time working on their A game, instead of giving us these trash episodes.

And the next episode is on in two weeks, not next week. Sorry.
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:00 am

Not next week?

WHAT IS THIS?

Suspect

Dammit I just want to see OUR grown up Peter pushing a floating dead body back on the ground. Because apparently that's all we should expect to get for him from him from now on. Oooh yeah I'm still bitter. But even the episode about the damned kidnapping aftermath still ended up being overshadowed by Olivia, and we did not get ONE scene where Walter interacts with his child during those trials, yet he was all over Olivia. Fuck it. I'm pissed. Not the relationship I care about, Fringe, nor the one you spent two seasons piecing together and making us fall in love with.

And I still don't get how we had Peter try and commit suicide in the first scene and then NO ONE MENTION IT AGAIN.
What the fuck was that?

Also, please keep Peter far, far away from Reiden Lake. The last thing we need is that boy going anywhere near that spot in the state he's in. For all we know that would be the exact moment he regained the memories, and decided to complete the job.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:57 am

After the episode I kinda just felt like saying "oh". It happened. Nice. Okay. I didn't get it. If it was a flashback, or a story being told by Walter, yeah, okay, but just... oh.
Unless this all floods back to Peter suddenly and fucks him up, the episode was pretty pointless IMO. It was good, I thought, but pointless and had nothing on "Peter".
The little boy who played little Peter was fantastic, though, I'll give the episode that. The way he speaks, the tone of his voice, his little mannerisms, no one that young should be able to do that xD

Os looks like it'll be crap. Loooow expectations for that episode.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:37 am

I thought it was great at first, I was in love with it. The start gave me the impression it'd have a lot of Peter, but then he disappeared and we ended up with another Olivia episode.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 am

I kinda figured it'd be about Olivia, though. They can't have her in an episode without her taking over.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Alright, just finished it.

First, let me say that the tiny Peter actor was FUCKING BRILLIANT. He had so many of Josh's mannerisms down, it was crazy. He was perfect.

But overall, I felt like the episode really wanted me to feel something that I just wasn't. The dramatic moments didn't resonate like they did in earlier seasons. I remember watching The Man From the Other Side, and In Which We Meet Mr. Jones, and being blow away by the revelations and the story. This season has a lot of predictable things happening that I don't really care about. It's like they lay the tracks down for you, and then expect you to be surprised when a train comes.

While I appreciated the little Peter and his mother bits (Orly is brilliant as well), and that scene where Olive (why are they calling her Olivia?) is talking to Walternate (which felt like one of those genuinely earned moments that I mentioned earlier), this was a non-episode. There was no point to have it now. It had nothing to do with our story where it's at. This would've been good in season 2.

Anyway. Rant over. Give that kid an award, though.
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Someone pointed out that the book Olivia was reading in that scene with her stepfather is ... ominous. It has a central character called Peter. Who comes out of a lake from another time. And sacrifices his life for a crumbling NYC.

Holy. FUCK.

D:

Unless this all floods back to Peter suddenly and fucks him up, the episode was pretty pointless IMO.
Totally agree with you. The only thing I want to come out of this episode is to see Peter begin to remember all this shit in next week's episode due to that milk he drank. It would be heartbreaking.

The little boy who played little Peter was fantastic, though, I'll give the episode that. The way he speaks, the tone of his voice, his little mannerisms, no one that young should be able to do that xD
I loved him. That scene where Elizabeth is cooking him eggs and he's telling her he's not stupid, he knows, and he's silently crying ... omg the only part of the episode where I teared up. Sad And he looked so young and gorgeous and what a pretty little child, creepy eyes aside. I agree with the Elijah Wood comparisons.

There was no point to have it now. It had nothing to do with our story where it's at. This would've been good in season 2.
Yup. This is the problem. I get that the backstory is very interesting, but unless this resonates with one of our characters (NOT Walter), it is totally out of place in the current sequence of events that are unfolding. It doesn't belong just squashed into this dramatic part of season three when that 45 minutes should have been talking about Peter and the machine, why he can operate it, what the Observers actually want, who the fuck stupid ass Sam Weiss is, Peter's shapeshifter killings, who the First People are, AND SO ON. Because it's not like we can spare the time and we have SO MUCH to cover in the immediate future.
monnie44
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:03 pm

monnie44 wrote:
Yup. This is the problem. I get that the backstory is very interesting, but unless this resonates with one of our characters (NOT Walter), it is totally out of place in the current sequence of events that are unfolding. It doesn't belong just squashed into this dramatic part of season three when that 45 minutes should have been talking about Peter and the machine, why he can operate it, what the Observers actually want, who the fuck stupid ass Sam Weiss is, Peter's shapeshifter killings, who the First People are, AND SO ON. Because it's not like we can spare the time and we have SO MUCH to cover in the immediate future.

Oh man, I find Sam Weiss super interesting. If we don't get more about Peter, I hope we at least get more about him.

...And does that book thing make you feel like there's no hope for Peter? You're kind of a doom-sayer when it comes to his future. Sad
smatchiemo
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum