Peter Bishop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concentrate and Ask Again

+2
Danielle
overthere
6 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Concentrate and Ask Again - Page 3 Empty Re: Concentrate and Ask Again

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:30 am

He's openly admitted in interviews recently that he was disappointed with how they changed Peter's character at the start of this series. I'm glad he's noticing it, the writers sure aren't.
If Peter finds out Olivia did that, that she betrayed him on that level by invading his thoughts and his privacy, I doubt he'll forgive her. I don't see how he can. How many times has she lied to him now? I'm getting sick of people saying "Peter should stop lying to Olivia and be open with her." EXCUSE ME? He lied to her once, about killing shape shifters. It's not like he did anything wrong, he's killing the bad guys for Christ's sake! And be open with her? It's not like he has much of a chance when all she does is cry and mope and whine, take back her apologies and make him out to be a bad guy. Olivia's the one who turned the fans against him this series.
"He's sort of the reason I'm here" There's her blaming him for everything that happened like he could control it.
"Why didn't you?" There's her pretending he's the only one who didn't notice the differences (when he's the only one who did) That's her turning even more fans against him.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:41 am

I'd be annoyed if I were him. I mean he's said he didn't agree with the writers decision to bring him back from OT so quickly, and I don't blame him. It was a stupid thing for them to do and they did it just so they could end the series with an Olivia cliffhanger. A much more interesting one would be if Peter decided he wouldn't come back.
You're right, I don't see the big deal about him killing the shapeshifters. It's not like they'd've been good people had they been left alone. Hell, he killed one just after she'd killed an innocent guy.
All she's done is lie to him. She lied to get him back to Boston, she lied to keep Walter's secret. She lied when she apologized to him.
No Olivia, the reason you're there is because you're selfish and you can't leave him to his own devices and he must be with you FOREVER despite what he wants.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 am

I'm pissed they brought him back so quickly too. We got to see Olivia being angsty over the secret more than Peter and it's not even anything to do with her. Every Fringe cliffhanger is about Olivia and I'm fucking sick of it, everyone else's stories get neglected for her and all she does is bitch, whine, cry and complain when she doesn't get what she wants.
He's doing the right thing. Like the FBI would have got the disks. They'd have asked them for information then got pissed when the SSs didn't answer. Peter's the only one who went about it the right way.
I hate how she's taking the words of some shitty little nerd as if they're gospel and 100% about Fauxbitch and true. MAYBE ACTUALLY ASKING HIM, NOT MAKING IT ABOUT YOU, MIGHT WORK?!?
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 am

It must have been hard for him, leaving his world, his parents, to come back. It can't have been an easy decision, especially leaving his mother.
I guess they think people won't care about any other character enough for it to be a good cliffhanger. One should be Peter going into the machine but I can't see them doing it.
He's the only one actually doing anything. They're just sitting back and watching while Walternate is working to destroy the world. Peter must be frustrated.
Because if she asked him he might get fed up of her constant self pity and hit her? xD
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 am

He got no chance at all to think about his situation. I get that they needed him to make a decision quickly but we didn't even get to see him being confused and thinking it through. :/
It should be a cliffhanger, I bet they'll do the cliffhanger as Olivia pulling him out of it and using her cortexi-powers or something -.-
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:35 am

All they needed was thirty seconds for him to decide, but they made out like he didn't even care.
Or Olivia crying to herself. We won't get to see Peter in the machine, we'll see poor Olivia's face as she watches him in it.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:05 pm

If Peter's in the machine, putting himself through excruciating physical and mental pain to heal or destroy two worlds, I don't give a fuck about Olivia's face, I want to see Peter's with his eyes spewing flames.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:01 pm

IKR? But they'll be like "POOR OLIVIA WATCHING PETER DIE. LETS SHOW HER!"
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:26 pm

If we had to see someone other than Peter, I'd want it to be Walter. Can you imagine him watching his son die in agony again? ;___;
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:48 pm

It'd be devastating. I just know they'll choose to show more of her than of Walter, though, and it's wrong. She's known him a few years, and Peter's Walter's son.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Most of the decisions they make nowadays are shit and Olivia-centred -.-
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:54 pm

We were told this half of the season would be Peter-centric. One episode does not count as half a season.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm

More Peter defense at IMDB *sigh*

Topic: Reading the note was out of character for Olivia...

My response: "Besides, now Olivia may not take the note at face-value. I am sure she is smart enough to know that some feelings are there. Peter confirmed he still thought about Faux. But, he said, "IT doesn't mean that I want to be with her MORE."

Everyone has thoughts about people that they shouldn't. Even when we love another person very much.

I am disappointed that she did violate Peter's thoughts. It is a shameful act. "We all draw our moral lines in the sand."

Olivia may decide to quit this nonsense of badgering him every little work opportunity. She needs to either let him go, or be the best Olivia she can be. A hug or two would be nice too. I mean, the man obviously hurts, Olivia. And it is because of you."

Random poster:"Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone." "Ask yourself, you have to make a decision that going to profoundly affect the rest of your life. Would you rather make that choice based on blind faith, or would you rather make that choice based on knowledge?

I think the reason Olivia asks Peter about Fauxlivia is because she wants to know. Olivia, herself, said that it’s better to know. If she has a chance to know, why shouldn't she take it? It’s not as if she hired a PI, tapped Peter’s phone, or even asked Simon to read him.

She is not afraid of the truth—even if it hurts. They only way I could see her not opening it would have nothing to do with consideration for Peter’s feelings, but because she was too afraid, or doubted her ability to handle bad news. And, I didn’t see that happening because one of Olivia sterling qualities is that she is a straight-head-I-can-take-it kind of person.

Now that we are on the subject:

I think what maybe equally as troubling to her now is not just that Peter still has feelings for Fauxlivia (if Simon is to be believed), but also that PETER LIED TO HER.... "

OH YES EVIL PETAH LIED TO PRECIOUS LIL WONDERFUL ANGELIC OLIVIA were my thoughts.... but I posted

First, she doesn't know Simon, so taking his words at face-value is silly.
Second Peter told her, "IT doesn't mean that I want to be with her MORE." Which is not a bold-face lie. He just omitted the fact he had some feelings. I love Olivia, but I am tired of everything she does being golden and excused away, while Peter gets a double-standard.

We could say Olivia lied to Peter when she "apologized."

I'd be more concerned about him and the infernal machine than some witch in another universe. She has Peter here. She needs to either forget him, or move on together.

Oh and something I added later here since a Biblical quote was used. What got us humans in trouble in the first place? The Forbidden fruit. Knowledge. The first bite of the apple. Destroyed paradise and left us detached from God. Now, faith is required to reach Heaven, if a person believes in the religion.

Olivia needs to have faith in Peter, who metaphorically holds the keys to Heaven.
[b]
collectivesoul
collectivesoul

http://fringeofohio.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 am

How did he lie to her? She asked if he thought about her, not what he felt about her. She should have been more fucking specific if that's what she wanted to know.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Nina told her to ask how he felt - but of course, that would mean taking someone elses feelings into consideration, and Olivia can't do that. It annoys me so much. 3 seasons, and I the only time I can think of she's asked him if he's okay is just before his seizure. Yet he's always asking her and trying to make her feel better.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:07 pm

she asked him in Marionette, just before he tells her what happened while she was gone but I'm almost certain that was the first time she ever asked him how he was. Even in the hospital scenes in The Arrival, IWWMMJ and maybe even TMFTOS, she doesn't ask him how he is.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Did she? I don't remember that xD I guess I'm just used to not hearing it. Has she ever asked about Walter? Ugh, she annoys me so much. She doesn't care about how her friends are feeling but OH NO A STRANGER'S IN DANGER - SHE'LL RISK HER LIFE!
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:34 pm

So it makes her look more sympathetic and everyone thinks "Oh, Olivia has such a big heart! She's such a kind person!"...What?!? O_O
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:35 pm

She can be kind and lovely to strangers all she wants but when people who care about her need her for a change she's nowhere to be seen.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:55 am

I genuinely don't understand her character and that says a lot when this entire season has been about 'exploring' her.
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:56 am

She's got to have some weird multiple personality disorder or something. She expects one person to do one thing then does the opposite herself.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Exactly. How the hell is anyone supposed to understand or relate to her? O_O
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

IDK, but people somehow do -_-
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm

She's unbearable this season and somehow they love her more -.-
Larissa
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:07 pm

If she dyed her hair black, started wearing eyeliner and slitting her wrists, writing shitty poetry about her crappy life on the walls with her blood, the fans would love her even more than they already and bludgeon Peter to death with their words.
Danielle
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum