The Firefly

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Danielle wrote:IT'D BE THE ONLY PETER/WALTER SCENE JUST TO REALLY PISS US OFF.

OR THE ONLY PETER SCENE AT ALL.

LIKE LAST SERIES FINALE WITH HARDLY ANY PETER IN EITHER OF THE TWO PARTS ;____;
avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 pm

THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THAT IS THAT JOSH GOT PISSED OFF WITH IT TOO XD
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  smatchiemo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Danielle wrote:THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THAT IS THAT JOSH GOT PISSED OFF WITH IT TOO XD

Wait, what? What pissed off Josh?
avatar
smatchiemo

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 pm

About how Peter changed his mind too quickly about going over there then coming home and the likes. Even he knows they wrote him like crap.
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 pm

OMG. HE FOUND OUT, LEFT, MET HIS FREAKY OTHER-FATHER, WENT OVER THERE, MET HIS OTHER-MOTHER, CAME BACK AND FORGAVE OLIVIA IN THREE EPISODES.

I RAGED.

I STILL RAGE.

THIS IS WHY IT'LL PISS ME OFF IF THEY SPEND AN ENTIRE SEASON DRAGGING OUT OLIVIA FORGIVING PETER, THEY MADE HIM FORGIVE HER IN THREE FUCKING EPISODES.
avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:26 pm

I HOPE THE THINGY FROM NEXT WEEK WHERE PETER'S SAYING HE FELT LIKE A FOOL *customary giggle at the word "fool"* WILL BRING SOME OF THAT UP.
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:37 pm

ROFL WHY DOES THE WORD 'FOOL' AMUSE YOU? XD

I HOPE SO TOO. HE'S MAKING AN EFFORT HERE, IT'S GOOD TO SEE OLIVIA ACKNOWLEDGING THAT.
OMG I JUST SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT OLIVIA?!?
avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:44 pm

IN THE PHOENIX WRIGHT GAMES THERE WAS THIS CHARACTER WHO KIND OF SPOKE IN FOOLS. EVERYONE WAS A FOOLISHLY FOOLISH FOOL BEING FOOLISHLY FOOLISH FOOLING AROUND.
IT RUINED THE WORD.
PLUS IT'S A PRETTY LULZY WORD XD

I'M JUST WAITING FOR HER TO TURN IT BACK AROUND ON HERSELF LIKE SHE DID IN FIREFLY.
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:40 pm

LOL BLESS :')

I HOPE NOT XD I'M STILL HANGING ON TO THE ANNA INTERVIEW WHERE SHE SAID "THE NEXT FEW EPISODES ARE GREAT FOR JOSH" AT LEAST WE KNOW IT DIDN'T STOP AT FIREFLY XD

I WANT THIS NEW EPISODE SO MUCH *___________*
avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  overthere on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Larissa wrote:ROFL WHY DOES THE WORD 'FOOL' AMUSE YOU? XD

I HOPE SO TOO. HE'S MAKING AN EFFORT HERE, IT'S GOOD TO SEE OLIVIA ACKNOWLEDGING THAT.
OMG I JUST SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT OLIVIA?!?

YAYAYAYAY. YOU SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE! TROLOLOLOL.

I hope she doesn't interrupt him though. And nobody else interrupts them either...I really want that scene to be so much longer than the 20-ish seconds that we got Neutral
avatar
overthere

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-01-08
Location : Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Larissa wrote:LOL BLESS :')

I HOPE NOT XD I'M STILL HANGING ON TO THE ANNA INTERVIEW WHERE SHE SAID "THE NEXT FEW EPISODES ARE GREAT FOR JOSH" AT LEAST WE KNOW IT DIDN'T STOP AT FIREFLY XD

I WANT THIS NEW EPISODE SO MUCH *___________*

I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT. I WANT PETER TO JUST BREAK A LITTLE BIT.

I hope she doesn't interrupt him though. And nobody else interrupts them either...I really want that scene to be so much longer than the 20-ish seconds that we got
Me too. And hopefully if we get a P/O one we can get a Peter/Walter scene somewhere....
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  monnie44 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 pm

I hope she doesn't interrupt him though. And nobody else interrupts them either...I really want that scene to be so much longer than the 20-ish seconds that we got

Lol, and not interrupted by a seizure too? Wink

That clip makes me really sad. He literally looks like he is about to start crying. And omg in the Pilot did you ever think we'd get to the point where Peter starts crying like a little bitch? He was such an untouchable badass! XD How things CHANGE ...

Lol actually, I hope he doesn't run into Big Eddie at the moment ... that wouldn't end well for Peter's pride.
avatar
monnie44
Admin

Posts : 521
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 28
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  smatchiemo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm

monnie44 wrote:Lol, and not interrupted by a seizure too? Wink

That clip makes me really sad. He literally looks like he is about to start crying. And omg in the Pilot did you ever think we'd get to the point where Peter starts crying like a little bitch? He was such an untouchable badass! XD How things CHANGE ...

Lol actually, I hope he doesn't run into Big Eddie at the moment ... that wouldn't end well for Peter's pride.

First of all, stop jinxing anything to do with Big Eddie. I want him to be an issue again, dammit.

Second, PETER NEEDS TO BE AN UNTOUCHABLE BADASS AGAIN. PLEASE.
avatar
smatchiemo

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  monnie44 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 pm

First of all, stop jinxing anything to do with Big Eddie. I want him to be an issue again, dammit.

Lol. Whatever, you love me.

Second, PETER NEEDS TO BE AN UNTOUCHABLE BADASS AGAIN. PLEASE.

Yup! I have no problems with him weeping like a little girl in next week's episode, because at least he's reacting in a healthy way to all the crap he's been getting over the last few months, but this is a trend that maybe should not continue for the rest of the series. Wink Unless he decides to keep crying and just equip himself with a gun - a nice compromise! Mind you, I would like some angry Peter reactions as well. He's got a pair of testicles, after all.

Though I do love seeing him vulnerable.

Olivia better feel bad for him after this! Give that boy a hug, please Agent Dunham! He is pouring his heart out to you, and he is trying SO hard to make this better - he has worked for it.
avatar
monnie44
Admin

Posts : 521
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 28
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  smatchiemo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 am

monnie44 wrote:

Lol. Whatever, you love me.

Yup! I have no problems with him weeping like a little girl in next week's episode, because at least he's reacting in a healthy way to all the crap he's been getting over the last few months, but this is a trend that maybe should not continue for the rest of the series. Wink Unless he decides to keep crying and just equip himself with a gun - a nice compromise! Mind you, I would like some angry Peter reactions as well. He's got a pair of testicles, after all.

Though I do love seeing him vulnerable.

Olivia better feel bad for him after this! Give that boy a hug, please Agent Dunham! He is pouring his heart out to you, and he is trying SO hard to make this better - he has worked for it.

I do love you! Never forget it. I just want Big Eddie to be a character again is all. Smile

Where do you see him crying in next week's episode? I've only been able to watch that Canadian hair-pulling and pistol-whipping trailer, so you should jog my memory.

...Seriously, I've watched it about 100 times. Holy Moses.
avatar
smatchiemo

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:20 am

There are a few scenes where he looks like he's going to break, yet he never does... I just want him to, everyone else has. Then he can just numb himself again and turn into a badass who hunts down Big Eddie to take out all his anger on him. That'd be awesome. He breaks once and then everything comes out... >Very Happy

I'd love to see how Olivia reacts to Peter being upset - he's been there for her when she's been upset so many times, it'd be interesting to see it reversed.
Although if Peter started crying on me and I wasn't a rabid fangirl I'd have that weird fear you get when you see your dad crying, cause it's like they're not supposed to cry.
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  monnie44 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 am

The sneak preview in that tiny short clip where he's talking to Olivia about how he doesn't want her to see him as a fool.

Sad

He's pretty close to tears - he's very upset in it.
avatar
monnie44
Admin

Posts : 521
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 28
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 am

I think the day that Peter cries, I'm not going into college for a week.

Any role Josh Jackson has where he cries, I bawl my eyes out. I'm more attached to Peter than I am any of his other characters so I'd soak my shirt with tears and never fully recover.
avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

Oh I know, with the exception of a few characters from Harry Potter (it's my childhood xD) Peter is the character I love most out of anything. Actually, saying that, right now only Luna beats him. He's equal to Bellatrix. YES BELLATRIX WAS MY SECOND FAVORITE. SHUT UP XD
So yeah, if he cries I think they're gonna have to take me to A&E cause I'll have some kind of seizure or heart attack or something.

On a slightly separate note - Peter's just so awesome. I just feel a quick fangirl rant coming on. IDK I just identify more with him than any other character ever (including the Harry Potter ones - YEAH I SAID IT) and when he's sad it makes me sad and he's just so hnng.
COHERENCY:
So a lot of people go on about how Olivia's this great strong character - she's selfless and brave and all this - but what about Peter? He puts other people first to the point of repressing all of his anger and sadness so much sometimes I think he even has himself fooled. He's left his whole life behind to come and care for a man who not only kidnapped him but who was only around when he was a kid when he wanted to experiment on him. He's facing the possibility of dying fairly soon and probably painfully - and taking out 7 billion innocent people with him. The only person he's ever really let in, the only person he's let himself fall for, the only person he's stopped running for - he's finally got her. He's only known her two or three years but he's been waiting so much longer for her - and the person he's forgiven for lying to him about, basically, his whole life, turns out to be a completely different person to the one he's fallen for.
Couple all of this with the fact he's always had trust issues, add in that he still believes he was just a replacement for this side's Peter, and, just for fun, add that he's also been betrayed by his real father, he has the Mafia after him and he's had to leave his mother behind, he's going to be messed up like hell. But has he let it show? Not at all. He hides behind his sarcasm or pretends that everything is okay because he's not dealing with it.
So to have him not break down would be ridiculous, because if any real person went through even just a quarter of what he's gone through, they'd be more than marginally upset.
And I think it's because people expect him to be fine, that people are too caught up in their own problems to realize that wow - maybe something might be going on in his head, or maybe that smile isn't true, is why they don't realize, and it's one of the reasons, not to sound too emo, why I identify with him so much.
Sorry for the rant but school and friends and etc. It's been building and it's not even all out yet...
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 pm

ASDFGHJKGFDSSDF;!!

THAT SO MUCH...I have nothing to say :') Everything you put was PERFECT.
It's not emo, I understand you identifying with him Wink
avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:21 pm

I think that's why I'm so determined to defend him. Not only is he the best thing to ever happen to any TV screen anywhere but I also kinda feel like I'm defending myself when I do so xD
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  overthere on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Danielle wrote:Oh I know, with the exception of a few characters from Harry Potter (it's my childhood xD) Peter is the character I love most out of anything. Actually, saying that, right now only Luna beats him. He's equal to Bellatrix. YES BELLATRIX WAS MY SECOND FAVORITE. SHUT UP XD
So yeah, if he cries I think they're gonna have to take me to A&E cause I'll have some kind of seizure or heart attack or something.

On a slightly separate note - Peter's just so awesome. I just feel a quick fangirl rant coming on. IDK I just identify more with him than any other character ever (including the Harry Potter ones - YEAH I SAID IT) and when he's sad it makes me sad and he's just so hnng.
COHERENCY:
So a lot of people go on about how Olivia's this great strong character - she's selfless and brave and all this - but what about Peter? He puts other people first to the point of repressing all of his anger and sadness so much sometimes I think he even has himself fooled. He's left his whole life behind to come and care for a man who not only kidnapped him but who was only around when he was a kid when he wanted to experiment on him. He's facing the possibility of dying fairly soon and probably painfully - and taking out 7 billion innocent people with him. The only person he's ever really let in, the only person he's let himself fall for, the only person he's stopped running for - he's finally got her. He's only known her two or three years but he's been waiting so much longer for her - and the person he's forgiven for lying to him about, basically, his whole life, turns out to be a completely different person to the one he's fallen for.
Couple all of this with the fact he's always had trust issues, add in that he still believes he was just a replacement for this side's Peter, and, just for fun, add that he's also been betrayed by his real father, he has the Mafia after him and he's had to leave his mother behind, he's going to be messed up like hell. But has he let it show? Not at all. He hides behind his sarcasm or pretends that everything is okay because he's not dealing with it.
So to have him not break down would be ridiculous, because if any real person went through even just a quarter of what he's gone through, they'd be more than marginally upset.
And I think it's because people expect him to be fine, that people are too caught up in their own problems to realize that wow - maybe something might be going on in his head, or maybe that smile isn't true, is why they don't realize, and it's one of the reasons, not to sound too emo, why I identify with him so much.
Sorry for the rant but school and friends and etc. It's been building and it's not even all out yet...

ALL OF THIS OMG. DANI MARRY ME.

And I really wanna just jump into the TV and hug our poor Peanut when he's talking to Liv in that sneak peek. Crying or Very sad GOOD LORD PETER THE THINGS YOU DO TO ME.

And although I do enjoy seeing Peter open up and breaking down, I would like to see him be all BAMF-y again sometime Smile
avatar
overthere

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-01-08
Location : Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  smatchiemo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Danielle wrote:So a lot of people go on about how Olivia's this great strong character - she's selfless and brave and all this - but what about Peter? He puts other people first to the point of repressing all of his anger and sadness so much sometimes I think he even has himself fooled. He's left his whole life behind to come and care for a man who not only kidnapped him but who was only around when he was a kid when he wanted to experiment on him. He's facing the possibility of dying fairly soon and probably painfully - and taking out 7 billion innocent people with him. The only person he's ever really let in, the only person he's let himself fall for, the only person he's stopped running for - he's finally got her. He's only known her two or three years but he's been waiting so much longer for her - and the person he's forgiven for lying to him about, basically, his whole life, turns out to be a completely different person to the one he's fallen for.
Couple all of this with the fact he's always had trust issues, add in that he still believes he was just a replacement for this side's Peter, and, just for fun, add that he's also been betrayed by his real father, he has the Mafia after him and he's had to leave his mother behind, he's going to be messed up like hell. But has he let it show? Not at all. He hides behind his sarcasm or pretends that everything is okay because he's not dealing with it.
So to have him not break down would be ridiculous, because if any real person went through even just a quarter of what he's gone through, they'd be more than marginally upset.
And I think it's because people expect him to be fine, that people are too caught up in their own problems to realize that wow - maybe something might be going on in his head, or maybe that smile isn't true, is why they don't realize, and it's one of the reasons, not to sound too emo, why I identify with him so much.
Sorry for the rant but school and friends and etc. It's been building and it's not even all out yet...

Aw yissss. I totally agree with all of this. Don't forget that his fake Mom killed herself, too!

I do sort of want them to get back to who Peter seemed to be originally; they had that episode a while back, with the explodey people, where that Iranian guy really didn't like Peter and thought he was a huge douchebag. I want to know more about that part of his life. What caused the change? Did he really change? They built him up to be so selfish and self-serving, and that's kind of faded for the story.

I'd also like to know what changed inside Walter. At one point he loved his son endlessly enough to cross universes to save him, but once he got him home it sounds like he turned into this monster who tortured his son and made his wife miserable. What happened in between?

Thoughts?
avatar
smatchiemo

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Larissa on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Danielle wrote:I think that's why I'm so determined to defend him. Not only is he the best thing to ever happen to any TV screen anywhere but I also kinda feel like I'm defending myself when I do so xD

OMG I GET WHAT YOU MEAN XD IT FEELS THE SAME FOR ME :'D

avatar
Larissa
Admin

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 24
Location : England

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Danielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm

I want him to have his break down and just go hard. Show us he's not that dissimilar to his father.

I've always been worried, right from season one, that they'd drop Peter's past, just leave us to wonder, because Olivia's is more important or more interesting. I don't know, I just can't see us ever really finding out all that much about who he was. There's an underlying thing I think they're trying to do here - he was a bad person, he's not anymore, it's the person people are today which matters - that's the argument I'd use were I defending why Peter's past hadn't been brought up. But I'm not, and if that's the reason why, it's not fair and it's not working. Peter's a two dimensional character to too many people because no one can see why he is like he is. We've seen how him being kidnapped has affected Walter, I want to see how his kidnapping affected him as a child and later how it affected him into adolescence and adulthood. To be honest, I'm just really curious about him at high school, I don't know why.

I'd love to see what happened to Walter - I have a theory. The guilt of taking Peter coupled with the fact he's still grieving for his lost son eventually got the better of him. He got increasingly paranoid about what he did, which is why he experimented on Peter. I think the fire in which Carla died had something to do with an experiment based on Peter. That just tipped him over the edge.
avatar
Danielle
Admin

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firefly

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum